should i even bother applying past deadline?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
dudnaito
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby dudnaito » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 pm

I got my apps through to UVA and Wash U. but missed out on a huge chunk of schools i wanted to apply, cause a big bad virus went apeshit on my computer. The only good thing that came of this is the repair shop gave me windows 7, but yeah.... should i even bother applying to emory, boston college, etc...? or is that pretty much it for me? I missed the deadline, too f'n bad?

User avatar
Thirteen
Posts: 23852
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby Thirteen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm

If your numbers make you competitive (at least one above the school's 75% mark), then you should apply. You are at a huge disadvantage because many spots have been offered to other applicants, but the adcomms at the respective schools will eventually review your application. If you are willing to spend the $ on the app, go for it.

SandyC877
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby SandyC877 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

That's like trying to go to the mall when it's closed. (However, if you know the owner of the mall personally and convince him to call the store managers, employees, and securities to report for off-hour business so that you can buy yourself that beanie cap you wanted since last Christmas, then you are in for luck.)

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby emciosn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Some schools have also extended deadlines, did you check to see if you schools extended app deadlines?

User avatar
dudnaito
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby dudnaito » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm

emciosn wrote:Some schools have also extended deadlines, did you check to see if you schools extended app deadlines?


no... that's a first. Did any of the T-30 have extended deadlines?

SandyC877
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby SandyC877 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Cornell extended their deadline because their admissions office is extremely fast and efficient. :roll:

User avatar
dudnaito
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby dudnaito » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

SandyC877 wrote:Cornell extended their deadline because their admissions office is extremely fast and efficient. :roll:


i get the joke, but.... no one in the t-30?

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: should i even bother applying past deadline?

Postby PDaddy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:36 pm

SandyC877 wrote:That's like trying to go to the mall when it's closed. (However, if you know the owner of the mall personally and convince him to call the store managers, employees, and securities to report for off-hour business so that you can buy yourself that beanie cap you wanted since last Christmas, then you are in for luck.)



Not quite. Two of the schools that admitted me last year received my apps after the deadline. And I got money from both. It depends on the school, how late OP is, and what the applicant pool looks like.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], whyjay and 2 guests