3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CordeliusX
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:47 pm

I think a danger is messing up the third LSAT. Then again, I don't know how bad a "cancel" would look. Maybe not worse at all, given you've already done the LSAT twice.

Say you get 162, 170, then 168 instead of i.e. 173. I think it's a lot better to "quit while you're ahead." From what I'm told, once you crack 170/171, it's very risky to take again unless you're creaming your PTs. And my problem personally, why I wouldn't want to take it a third time (I'm a pro now myself :oops: ) is that I've run out of fresh recent PTs.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7118
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby los blancos » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Does anyone have any experience or know of anyone that did this for CCN? I'm thinking 2 more points could really help my chances at Chicago, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort and risk. Especially since it seems that Chicago's WL activity comes in late May/early June.

User avatar
shepdawg
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby shepdawg » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Should I retake?

Accepted into 2 t4's, 1 with half scholly the other $10k/yr, no deposit at either yet.
151 LSAT /3.3 UCSD Poly Sci GPA

I am not willing to wait a year. I already submitted my resignation from teaching for July.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby JOThompson » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Retake it. You might be pleasantly surprised to be admitted from the WLs. You could do well enough to justify a reapplication cycle next year.

cnc2114
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby cnc2114 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 pm

URM (PR female). 3.52 GPA. 161 on first lsat, 165 on second. This is my second cycle. Applied late both times (I'm a failure at life, let's just leave it at that...). Currently riding out 8 waitlists (Stanford, Columbia, Duke, Georgetown, BU, Cornell, USC, Emory) and only accepted to BC. With no money.

Worth it to retake the June LSAT (aiming to get at least high 160's) in hopes of getting off any of these waitlists?

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: 3rd Lsat in June...AFTER acceptances?

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm

cnc2114 wrote:URM (PR female). 3.52 GPA. 161 on first lsat, 165 on second. This is my second cycle. Applied late both times (I'm a failure at life, let's just leave it at that...). Currently riding out 8 waitlists (Stanford, Columbia, Duke, Georgetown, BU, Cornell, USC, Emory) and only accepted to BC. With no money.

Worth it to retake the June LSAT (aiming to get at least high 160's) in hopes of getting off any of these waitlists?


I think applying early w/ those # and URM status could really effect your cycle..more like a recycle is needed than a retake. see: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/NYY2013




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chili_davis, mrtux45, MSNbot Media, poptart123, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests