What do schools think of classes taken at CC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
granger

What do schools think of classes taken at CC?

Postby granger » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm taking classes at a community college this summer, and I know this counts for my LSDAS GPA, but I'm wondering if schools tend to downplay or even look negatively upon any GPA boost from these classes? Basically, taking these classes would allow me to double-major and graduate on time, since I have some unfulfilled graduation requirements. I'm taking the courses regardless, but I'm worried this will appear as a ploy to boost my GPA. I'm 3.62/171, and I know the type of schools I'm applying to want a higher GPA, but I don't want them to suspect me of taking a shortcut to look better. Tell me they don't care.

(P.S. this isn't meant to belittle community college coursework or anything like that. I'm just worried they'll think I took two classes in the summer as a way to lighten my workload and do better.)

Renzo

Re: What do schools think of classes taken at CC?

Postby Renzo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 pm

granger wrote:I'm taking classes at a community college this summer, and I know this counts for my LSDAS GPA, but I'm wondering if schools tend to downplay or even look negatively upon any GPA boost from these classes? Basically, taking these classes would allow me to double-major and graduate on time, since I have some unfulfilled graduation requirements. I'm taking the courses regardless, but I'm worried this will appear as a ploy to boost my GPA. I'm 3.62/171, and I know the type of schools I'm applying to want a higher GPA, but I don't want them to suspect me of taking a shortcut to look better. Tell me they don't care.

(P.S. this isn't meant to belittle community college coursework or anything like that. I'm just worried they'll think I took two classes in the summer as a way to lighten my workload and do better.)

Didn't hurt me any.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”