JR1 Timeline

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MagicallyDelicious

JR1 Timeline

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:27 pm

My Feb. LSAT score was a huge improvement (the new score was above Harvard's 75th). My GPA is 3.85, and my application was held prior to taking the test. Is it safe to assume I will be receiving a JR1? I'm concerned that since my application was held until this late in the game, that might hurt my chances. Do people have any idea of how long it takes Harvard to get JR1s out after reviewing new LSAT scores? An HLS acceptance would be a dream come true, so I'm trying to avoid any false optimism. Thanks for your input!

GeePee

Re: JR1 Timeline

Postby GeePee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm

It's not a guarantee. However, it's definitely a step in the right direction. There's really no way to know when people that were "held" will be re-evaluated.

I think congratulations and good luck wishes are in order, though!

MagicallyDelicious

Re: JR1 Timeline

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:37 pm

GeePee wrote:It's not a guarantee. However, it's definitely a step in the right direction. There's really no way to know when people that were "held" will be re-evaluated.

I think congratulations and good luck wishes are in order, though!

I understand there are no guarantees- after all a 177+ and 4.0 was held IIRC. However, do you think the chances are still quite good, or are they severely diminished due to how late in the cycle it is?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”