Feb. Test: Didn't take the make-up test, addendum needed?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
violinst

Feb. Test: Didn't take the make-up test, addendum needed?

Postby violinst » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Well,
1) Due to a snow storm, the original test was cancelled.
2) Due to a schedule conflict, I couldn't take the make-up test.
3) I have since requested a refund from the LSAC.
4) I am currently on the waitlist at one school, and I did not inform that school that I was going to re-take the LSAT in Feb. (application submitted in Nov.)
5) I called the LSAC and was told that after they have processed the refund request, there will be no record that I was ever "exposed to (verbatim)" the Feb. test.
6) However, I having been receiving emails from schools (that I didn't apply) congratulating me on my decision to take the Feb. test. And today, I just received another one congratulating me on my Feb. score!
So,
Do I need to submit an addendum to the school that waitlisted me? (I personally want to avoid any unnecessary addendum/confusion).

Re: Feb. Test: Didn't take the make-up test, addendum needed?

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 am

violinst wrote:Well,
1) Due to a snow storm, the original test was cancelled.
2) Due to a schedule conflict, I couldn't take the make-up test.
3) I have since requested a refund from the LSAC.
4) I am currently on the waitlist at one school, and I did not inform that school that I was going to re-take the LSAT in Feb. (application submitted in Nov.)
5) I called the LSAC and was told that after they have processed the refund request, there will be no record that I was ever "exposed to (verbatim)" the Feb. test.
6) However, I having been receiving emails from schools (that I didn't apply) congratulating me on my decision to take the Feb. test. And today, I just received another one congratulating me on my Feb. score!
So,
Do I need to submit an addendum to the school that waitlisted me? (I personally want to avoid any unnecessary addendum/confusion).

I think you're good without. If you do decide to do an addendum, one sentence should suffice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”