Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
colts18

New

Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville.

Post by colts18 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:24 pm

I just applied to Louisville last week and applied to Indy about a month ago. However, my application was on hold at Indy as I was a LOR short. Thankfully that LOR has finally come in. My LSAT is a 160 (about the 75th percentile at both schools) and I have a 3.2 GPA. My reason for being late in the application process is due in large part to a very serious personal situation which I addressed in the application.

Obviously I have shot myself in the foot by applying late, I know that. So I'm curious, do you all think that I'll still be able to get into at least one of these schools? I have plugged my numbers into LSN and that says I have great chances at both of these schools, but the LSN looks at statistics from applicants that applied at all times. I want to know what you all think my chances are this late in the game.

Also, when a school holds an app for being a LOR short, do they still look at all of the important stuff and make somewhat of a decision on you or does it just sit there completely cold until you get the LOR in?

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I should add that I'm an Indiana native that attends Indiana University in Bloomington
Last edited by colts18 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BruceBarr

Bronze

Re: Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville.

Post by BruceBarr » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I would bet you'll have no problem getting into Indy.

bizjunkie4

New

Post by bizjunkie4 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 am

BruceBarr wrote:I would bet you'll have no problem getting into Indy.
It sounds like you have a legitimate reason for being so late in the cycle, but I think these "what are my chances" threads are not a reliable indicator of your actual "chances" for admission. It's fun to speculate about where you will go to law school, but you should not give emotional weight to a bunch of anonymous comments posted by other students who are applying to law school. Practicing law requires patience. Consider the admissions process an introductory lesson. That said, good luck with your decision!

Alex Davis
1L at U of L
http://uofllawschool.blogspot.com/

AsylumPB

Bronze

Post by AsylumPB » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 am

In at both.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”