Its March 1st and I have questions...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Bobalou

Its March 1st and I have questions...

Postby Bobalou » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I've heard that schools receive a HUGE amount of applications on the actual deadline day. With this in mind I was hoping to hear something, anything from 1 of the 11 schools I applied to. At this point, I'm 'in review' at 6 of them, sitting complete at the others. I just feel like if they did get a flood of new apps today that the process is going to get delayed even longer, is this accurate?

Panther7

Re: Its March 1st and I have questions...

Postby Panther7 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Bobalou wrote:I've heard that schools receive a HUGE amount of applications on the actual deadline day. With this in mind I was hoping to hear something, anything from 1 of the 11 schools I applied to. At this point, I'm 'in review' at 6 of them, sitting complete at the others. I just feel like if they did get a flood of new apps today that the process is going to get delayed even longer, is this accurate?

trying to understand admissions is impossible.

--ImageRemoved--

rikkitikki

Re: Its March 1st and I have questions...

Postby rikkitikki » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm in the same boat. Applied to eight schools, got a waiting list from one of them and sitting complete for 4 - 5 weeks at all the others.

All the schools that I applied to said that they review the applications in order of receipt, so yours will be reviewed (and, I assume, you will get a decision) before the others. Also, I spoke with a number of admissions people at a recent LSAC forum and it seems that they do them in batches according to date of arrival. Now, if you are a splitter (like I am), they may be holding on to your application until they can get a better idea of the strength of their pool. In that case, the actual number of apps received on the due date won't really affect their response time.

So, using my limited knowledge base, I would say that the late arrivals should not have a significant delaying effect on your responses. I'd assume you'll get a lot of responses in the next two weeks.

And, yes, this is wishful thinking on my part, as I am also tearing my hair out. The previous poster is probably right. Just keep your head up!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”