Stanford Quandary

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MagicallyDelicious

Stanford Quandary

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:35 pm

I applied to Stanford with a September LSAT score, and ended up retaking in February and beat my score to a point that greatly increased my chances. My application has still been under review, but here is the problem: I called Stanford in January and they told me they don't consider new LSAT scores past the December administration (even if the application is still under review). I basically am looking to draw their awareness to the score in a way that will help my chances despite this alleged policy of theirs. What do people think? Do you think they actually ignore February scores, or are they just looking to avoid holding applications for new scores through March? Thanks for your input!

P.S. The score went from near Stanford's median to over Harvard's 75th...so It's a non-trivial difference.

legends159

Re: Stanford Quandary

Postby legends159 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

email admissions and ask if they'll accept your feb LSAT

februaryftw

Postby februaryftw » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:15 pm

BTW: Saying over Harvard's LSAT 75th gives your LSAT score away. Congrats.

The post above this is credited.

tinman

Postby tinman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 pm

februaryftw wrote:BTW: Saying over Harvard's LSAT 75th gives your LSAT score away. Congrats.

haha. 177? Over Harvard's but not over Yale's :) Congrats. 170 to 177 is a huge jump.

Did you apply to Harvard and Yale as well?

I would definitely email Stanford and tell them your situation (and your score). Even if they say they will not accept the score, they will then have it at least ;)

Good luck.

MagicallyDelicious

Postby MagicallyDelicious » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:23 pm

tinman wrote:
februaryftw wrote:BTW: Saying over Harvard's LSAT 75th gives your LSAT score away. Congrats.

haha. 177? Over Harvard's but not over Yale's :) Congrats. 170 to 177 is a huge jump.

Did you apply to Harvard and Yale as well?

I would definitely email Stanford and tell them your situation (and your score). Even if they say they will not accept the score, they will then have it at least ;)

Good luck.

This is exactly what I'm wondering - will them "having" it actually make a difference? Why would they actually strictly adhere to the policy that they simply don't look at Feb. scores the same cycle?

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 am

On previous threads I have read that Stanford holds to their policy of NOT considering Feb LSAT scores. I guess it doesn't hurt to email, but expect them to tell you they won't consider it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”