Where can I get in tentatively?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SHANbangs

Where can I get in tentatively?

Postby SHANbangs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey guys,

I just received my LSAT score today and received a 166. I will likely graduate with a 3.2 GPA. I am definitely planning to retake in June, aiming for 174+ so I can get splitter status. But as of now, without the retake, what would be the highest ranked school I could get into? I am looking to get into big law (I know it's not a terribly noble goal). I would like to get an understanding of where my "floor" is.

Thanks.

ncct07

Re: Where can I get in tentatively?

Postby ncct07 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Nowhere worth going, retake FTW.

Edit: If you aspire to practice law outside of big firms and don't mind living somewhere like Arizona, I will say that U of A might give you some money and set you up for a rewarding career.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:39 pm

SHANbangs wrote:Hey guys,

I just received my LSAT score today and received a 166. I will likely graduate with a 3.2 GPA. I am definitely planning to retake in June, aiming for 174+ so I can get splitter status. But as of now, without the retake, what would be the highest ranked school I could get into? I am looking to get into big law (I know it's not a terribly noble goal). I would like to get an understanding of where my "floor" is.

Thanks.

You might be able to pull Emory. Most likely I think you would wind up at ND or below.

Renaixença

Postby Renaixença » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Congratulations on your excellent score!

I think you could pull WashU, Emory, BU, and maybe USC

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:57 pm

Renaixença wrote:Congratulations on your excellent score!

I think you could pull WashU, Emory, BU, and maybe USC

I wouldn't count on it. I have similar numbers and blanketed 14-30. USC will be a REACH. BU and BC seem to waitlist applicants with our numbers. WUSTL might be a good target but 167 seems to be their cut off for auto admit. With your numbers you are pretty much stuck with strong regional schools. Despite the T-14 or bust mentality, it seems if you get money at a regional school (T14-T30) in an area you want to practice in its not a bad option. If you think you can hit 170+ id say retake the lsat and aim for T-14, if not, it looks like you will be going to a regional school. Good Luck!

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:24 pm

yeah I would say USC and BU are REACHES. Also all of this is assuming you aren't a URM - bc that changes a LOT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”