2nd LOCI just as a quick "update"?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CordeliusX

2nd LOCI just as a quick "update"?

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:08 pm

As many of you may experience, a bunch of schools seem to be holding out at this period :mrgreen:

Is sending a second LOCI, if you've heard nothing since your 1st, a bad or good idea?

On the plus side: you are showing continued interest and hopefully giving them some useful info. about yourself.

On the negative: you are bothering them...?

I'm also undecided as to what info. is important. I never mentioned my desire to attend school in a certain city, I also never mentioned some activities I've begun doing... I would try to just send a "brief check up" type LOCI.

cardinalandgold

Re: 2nd LOCI just as a quick "update"?

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm

My second LOCI to Duke was essentially just a quick update, with just a minor development at work to tell them about. Other than that, I just reiterated my interest and desire to attend.

CordeliusX

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:My second LOCI to Duke was essentially just a quick update, with just a minor development at work to tell them about. Other than that, I just reiterated my interest and desire to attend.

Did you wait for any more communication or just send it any way?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

CordeliusX wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:My second LOCI to Duke was essentially just a quick update, with just a minor development at work to tell them about. Other than that, I just reiterated my interest and desire to attend.

Did you wait for any more communication or just send it any way?

I got a response when I sent in my first LOCI from the Dean, saying that they would add the LOCI to my file. I just heard it's good to stay in touch with school's you are waitlisted at every 3-4 weeks, so I sent another quick update to them to let them know I was still interested.

CordeliusX

Postby CordeliusX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm torn between sending a little something vs. waiting to hear back first. I'm trying to pre-empt a waitlist though :x

It just seems like either way could end up screwing your chances. If you don't send it, maybe you don't care. If you do, maybe you give them some little bit of info. they find stupid or a time-waster, and you're done. :twisted:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”