Sooo, I'm thinking about writing a LOCI.. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Zannie1986

New

Sooo, I'm thinking about writing a LOCI..

Post by Zannie1986 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:29 pm

I figure most people update the school on their doings in a LOCI. However, I have not done anything worthy of mention since my application..I graduated undergrad in 08 and my americorps term finished this fall; I applied to schools while on a couple monthlong roadtrip. I got back home in november and expected to get something sooner and better than I did, and ended up working a cashier job right now. not exactly something I'd like to publicize to a school I want to write a loci to...I barely want to say it here cause I expect the inevitable TLS smartass lurking around the corner. I could probably pull off getting another LOR and I'd basically like to tell them that they're the last school i'm interested in hearing from even though i haven't heard from about 5 still, and that it's one of my top choices but I still feel like if I'm gonna do this they'd want to hear something more from me as well. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Zannie1986 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Re: Sooo, I'm thinking about writing a LOCI..

Post by cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Did you write any Why X essays for the school's you are thinking about sending a LOCI to? If not, that's what I would focus on. Do some research on the schools you are interested in and find some reasons why they interest you (whether it's the location, clinics, professors, etc) and also why you would be a good fit as well. Good luck!

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Did you write any Why X essays for the school's you are thinking about sending a LOCI to? If not, that's what I would focus on. Do some research on the schools you are interested in and find some reasons why they interest you (whether it's the location, clinics, professors, etc) and also why you would be a good fit as well. Good luck!
+1

Also if they already know all of your EXPERIENCES, you can talk about WHY you would fit with that school. In other words, what makes you special?

Zannie1986

New

Post by Zannie1986 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

I did write about a paragraph near the end about why I applied there, why I thought they would benefit from me, why we were a good match, but maybe could expand on it and pretend oh hey i just discovered you have blank at your school and am diggin' it.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Zannie1986 wrote:I figure most people update the school on their doings in a LOCI. However, I have not done anything worthy of mention since my application..I graduated undergrad in 08 and my americorps term finished this fall; I applied to schools while on a couple monthlong roadtrip. I got back home in november and expected to get something sooner and better than I did, and ended up working a cashier job right now. not exactly something I'd like to publicize to a school I want to write a loci to...I barely want to say it here cause I expect the inevitable TLS smartass lurking around the corner. I could probably pull off getting another LOR and I'd basically like to tell them that they're the last school i'm interested in hearing from even though i haven't heard from about 5 still, and that it's one of my top choices but I still feel like if I'm gonna do this they'd want to hear something more from me as well. Any suggestions?
Smartasses? On my TLS?

Seriously though, go with cardinal's suggestion and throw in any personal reasons for liking the school as well, unique location, culture, etc. Dean Zearfoss said that adcomms can tell when you've just pulled stuff off of their admissions info page, so anything you can add about your own situation will be beneficial.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”