LOR and deadlines?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
things fall apart

LOR and deadlines?

Postby things fall apart » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

For some reason one of my LORs is taking forever, for the schools with 3/01 deadlines can I submit my app even if the LOR hasn't been processed? I've been waiting for three weeks for this thing to get in after a big mixup caused me to wait 4 weeks in the first place. Now I'm close to not being able to apply because of some mixups that were 99% out of my hands.

Can I submit my app with only 1 LOR in if 1 LOR is being processed(for the places that require at least 2)?? And if so, will I get tossed immediately if the school only sees 1 LOR next monday 3/01??

BenJ

Re: LOR and deadlines?

Postby BenJ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

No, submit now. Any school that requires two LORs will hold your application until they get the second one.

Your application won't be considered complete until the LOR is in, however. Some schools have a second deadline for when your application must have all information complete (LORs usually being the lagging factor). Let your LOR writer know (gently) that deadlines are fast approaching. Also, have him/her fax the LOR to LSAC rather than sending it in by snail mail. LSAC processes faxed LORs much faster than mailed ones.

things fall apart

Re: LOR and deadlines?

Postby things fall apart » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

BenJ wrote:No, submit now. Any school that requires two LORs will hold your application until they get the second one.

Your application won't be considered complete until the LOR is in, however. Some schools have a second deadline for when your application must have all information complete (LORs usually being the lagging factor). Let your LOR writer know (gently) that deadlines are fast approaching. Also, have him/her fax the LOR to LSAC rather than sending it in by snail mail. LSAC processes faxed LORs much faster than mailed ones.

Well ****! I could have submitted these so long ago, like I said there was a mixup that essentially has had me waiting for over four weeks just on this one LOR.

Thank you for your help!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”