second semester grades

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
grouchynihilist

second semester grades

Postby grouchynihilist » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 am

do law schools ever rescind admission if you had mostly As then suddenly second semester senior year you might have a C or D

MURPH

Re: second semester grades

Postby MURPH » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:23 am

Unless you slip below their 75th % or below their 25% and bring down their numbers I see no reason why they would ding you for one bad grade. It just wouldn't be worth the effort.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 am

MURPH wrote:Unless you slip below their 75th % or below their 25% and bring down their numbers I see no reason why they would ding you for one bad grade. It just wouldn't be worth the effort.

One grade could be enough to bring down a GPA significantly below 75th/median/25th. For example, one 4-credit D could pull you down from a 3.7 to a 3.61 (assuming 120 credits total).

twopoodles

Postby twopoodles » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 am

I'm under the impression it won't matter, as long as you graduate. This could just be wishful thinking since I have some serious senioritis right now. I don't think your second semester grades will ever be reported by the school, right? You have to mail an official transcript directly to most schools showing that you graduated, but if you don't send it to LSAC, it will never go through the LSAC calculations and I think, then, they REPORT the last GPA that did go through LSAC. Am I wrong?

grouchynihilist

Postby grouchynihilist » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:46 pm

seems like it's not that big of a deal because nobody has ever asked, unlike high school to undergrad where you can find thousands of posts online about it

Gamecubesupreme

Postby Gamecubesupreme » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I thought it's the norm for most people to save the easiest (or almost no class) for the last semester of college anyway.

You literally have to disappear for 4 months and never open your textbook to not do well.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”