LOR taking longer than 3 weeks to process?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

LOR taking longer than 3 weeks to process?

Postby renacois » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Here's my problem: My Recommender sent my letter on Feb 1st, and it still hasn't shown up on LSAC. I called, and was told that "it's probably backlogged" because they had no records of there being a problem with it, and that it's taking longer because they were closed for two days due to weather problems. I was told that I could fax my letter if I'm worried about it, but my choice law schools had Feb 1st deadlines. Does anyone know if law schools would see that it got faxed at the end of February and basically throw my app out? Also, has anyone heard of it taking more than three weeks for a LOR to be processed?

Re: LOR taking longer than 3 weeks to process?

Postby im_blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm

At this point, your apps are going to be thrown out anyway (or considered with a LOR missing), because it's 3 weeks after the deadline and your LSAC reports are not complete. It's your responsibility to ensure that LSAC has everything processed by the application deadline, not that your recommender mailed it off on that day.

That said, your LOR shows up on LSAC when it's processed. Law schools have no way of knowing when it was actually sent. If I were you, I'd fax it in ASAP.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”