Attention: Lauren L. from New Jersey, who applied to W&L

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Andrew the Wolverine

Attention: Lauren L. from New Jersey, who applied to W&L

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

If you feel you match the category from the title, PM me, because somehow your decision letter from Washington and Lee was sent to me in the mail. We live hundreds of miles apart, but our last names must be close on their list, and perhaps the people who sent the letter got them stuck together or something. Anyway, I'll probably just send the letter back in the mail and you'll get it in a few days. Just wanted to let you know.

awesomepossum

Re: Attention: Lauren L. from New Jersey, who applied to W&L

Postby awesomepossum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Facebook might be a better way to look her up, but I think just sending it is the best bet.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

ccs1702 wrote:Facebook might be a better way to look her up, but I think just sending it is the best bet.

I did facebook also, but sometimes people go weeks without checking their page. This forum is an unlikely way to reach someone, but I figured what the hell.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:Facebook might be a better way to look her up, but I think just sending it is the best bet.

I did facebook also, but sometimes people go weeks without checking their page. This forum is an unlikely way to reach someone, but I figured what the hell.

Right, but you can send her a message, and she'll get a notification email. Is she hot?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 pm

ccs1702 wrote:

Right, but you can send her a message, and she'll get a notification email. Is she hot?

yes, actually, she's got a very cute profile pic

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:If you feel you match the category from the title, PM me, because somehow your decision letter from Washington and Lee was sent to me in the mail. We live hundreds of miles apart, but our last names must be close on their list, and perhaps the people who sent the letter got them stuck together or something. Anyway, I'll probably just send the letter back in the mail and you'll get it in a few days. Just wanted to let you know.

You could call W&L and not be a dick and post it on the net.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Advertisements can be a basis to establish personal jurisdiction if the circumstances allow for no other method...... 8)

adameus

Postby adameus » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

wow! Did you contact the school? This could have been a massive error on their part, where they did this to numerous applicants.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 pm

ccs1702 wrote:

yes, actually, she's got a very cute profile pic

Roadtrip!

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:19 pm

This is too funny...

(thought I'd write something to bump this thread, on the off chance she's on the site)

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:If you feel you match the category from the title, PM me, because somehow your decision letter from Washington and Lee was sent to me in the mail. We live hundreds of miles apart, but our last names must be close on their list, and perhaps the people who sent the letter got them stuck together or something. Anyway, I'll probably just send the letter back in the mail and you'll get it in a few days. Just wanted to let you know.

Relax, idiot. I intentionally left her last name off, and her location vague. Some people, like me, wait anxiously every day for these letters.

ZXCVBNM

Postby ZXCVBNM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

1) Call W&L and tell them, mailing them the letter back is too slow.
2) Careful what you post here b/c W&L will know who you are and they might have adcoms on the site that like to talk to other adcoms...they have your address.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Relax, idiot. I intentionally left her last name off, and her location vague. Some people, like me, wait anxiously every day for these letters.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

bump...for lauren's sake

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

You have enough info to possibly out her, especially if she is on LSN. You also took the most ridiculous course of action, instead of the action that will most likely fix the situation. Do you think she is going to actually see this.

Furthermore, those who apply to W&L shouldn't throw "idiot" stones. Especially with a URM boost.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:bump...for lauren's sake

Dude, the overwhelming odds are that she doesn't even post here. Call the school you idiot.

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

This was the first post when I logged on just now. All I could do was imagine the minor heart attack I would have had if it was my name/state.
Haha, hope she sees this because I think that would be awesome.

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Mistakes happen, just yesterday I got a letter from Chicago-Kent's Women in Law congratulating another girl with the same last name for getting admitted. Contact the school and resolve it that way.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

You have enough info to possibly out her, especially if she is on LSN. You also took the most ridiculous course of action, instead of the action that will most likely fix the situation. Do you think she is going to actually see this.

Furthermore, those who apply to W&L shouldn't throw "idiot" stones. Especially with a URM boost.

Yes, because I didn't call the school, I didn't send her a personal message on fb, and I don't intend to put the letter back in the mail tomorrow and send it to her house. Certainly nothing like that. Clearly I am relying solely on TLS to get in touch.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:38 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote::lol: I love the fact that he bumped it "for Lauren's sake". Probably going to hold a 24/7 vigil here until Lauren gets her reject envelope from W&L. *Lighting a candle here*

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”