TOEFL Score, foreigh applicant Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cassieyuc

New

TOEFL Score, foreigh applicant

Post by cassieyuc » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:55 am

BC is asking for Toefl.
I don't see why they asking for it, I graduated from a IVY school, and I took TOEFL before, it just expired.

My question is should I submit my application despite that they asking for it. Or I should not apply at all.

Thanks

andreea7

Bronze

Re: TOEFL Score, foreigh applicant

Post by andreea7 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:04 pm

I have the same background except I was lucky enough that the schools I was interested in don't require a TOEFL. My advice, from dealing with this when I went to grad school before, submit the applications with TOEFL pending. I think you should take it -- there are lots of applicants out there and they don't truly have a reason to accept what they consider an incomplete application. Trying to skip a requirement might make you seem as if you don't really care whether you get in. I went to an American university in Europe before coming to grad school here but had to take the TOEFL anyway. In my opinion you should contact the admissions office and express your strong interest and tell them you hope the fact that you don't have your TOEFL yet will not impact your application. Maybe in the interim they will accept the old TOEFL score?

I don't really understand why any law school would require TOEFL - there is no way anyone without a good command of English could muster a decent score on the LSAT.

twopoodles

Bronze

Re: TOEFL Score, foreign applicant

Post by twopoodles » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 am

No offense, but the OP doesn't seem to have a great command of English. I think if you submit an application without one, they are just going to ask for one.

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 am

Last edited by JustDude on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeeptiger09

Bronze

Post by jeeptiger09 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 am

Here's to hoping you do better on TOEFL than typing the title of this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:26 am

There is almost no way this is real. If you went to an Ivy then you wouldn't have those typing errors. If you got a degree from a school in the US you don't have the take the TOEFL. Maybe, you somehow graduated with your English skills you have displayed, and then showed them off in you PS. Seeing that BC wants another TOEFL. They probably called the Ivy you went to to make sure you were actually a student, too.

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 am

MoS wrote:There is almost no way this is real. If you went to an Ivy then you wouldn't have those typing errors. If you got a degree from a school in the US you don't have the take the TOEFL. Maybe, you somehow graduated with your English skills you have displayed, and then showed them off in you PS. Seeing that BC wants another TOEFL. They probably called the Ivy you went to to make sure you were actually a student, too.
:roll:

OP, I don't get it either. U of Chicago requires TOEFL as well. Why a school with a 171 median LSAT score would require it is beyond me.

If I were you, I wouldn't completely ignore it. Call admissions office and explain. Who knows they may be quite accommodating.

MoS

Bronze

Post by MoS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:34 am

TheLuckyOne wrote:
MoS wrote:There is almost no way this is real. If you went to an Ivy then you wouldn't have those typing errors. If you got a degree from a school in the US you don't have the take the TOEFL. Maybe, you somehow graduated with your English skills you have displayed, and then showed them off in you PS. Seeing that BC wants another TOEFL. They probably called the Ivy you went to to make sure you were actually a student, too.

OP, I don't get it either. U of Chicago requires TOEFL as well. Why a school with a 171 median LSAT score would require it is beyond me.

If I were you, I wouldn't completely ignore it. Call admissions office and explain. Who knows they may be quite accommodating.
Ok, I am going to apologize. I went back and read some of the OP's older posts and this is obviously not the best reflection of her/his command of the English language. My guess its supposed to look the way it does to be funny. I really thought it was fake and was making fun of non-native speakers. Sorry, my bad.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:42 am

MoS wrote:
TheLuckyOne wrote:

Ok, I am going to apologize. I went back and read some of the OP's older posts and this is obviously not the best reflection of her/his command of the English language. My guess its supposed to look the way it does to be funny. I really thought it was fake and was making fun of non-native speakers. Sorry, my bad.
Gosh, you figured out that typos aren't indicative of intelligence or verbal acuity? You're a quick one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”