AAMPLE-Charlotte, Florida Coastal, Phoenix School of Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nealric

Re: AAMPLE-Charlotte, Florida Coastal, Phoenix School of Law

Postby nealric » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:06 pm

I am really considering taking this AAMPLE. Sure, I'll need to pay about 2 twice what it would take for me to go take ANOTHER LSAT classs and application fees and the test however, it would get me into Law School once I pass it (and believe me I'm going to spend EVERY waking minute on AAMPLE), instead of paying essentially the same total amount and maybe get the same scores, and still wind up with the chance of not getting anywhere

#1. You don't need to take a class. You just need to keep at the LSAT prep/studying. Cost of a few books + retake is a fraction of the cost of AAMPLE. Plus you could go from an AAMPLE candidate to getting a large scholarship at the same school. Retaking could save you 10s of thousands.

#2. Both AAMPLE and retaking the LSAT would only give you a CHANCE at getting into law school. You could go to AAMPLE and not pass. Some of the AAMPLE schools have ridiculously low pass rates. Retaking the LSAT is a much less risky move and has much higher potential upside reward.

My point stands. It's a far better use of your time to spend every waking minute on the LSAT- not AAMPLE.

megee333

Postby megee333 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Firstly, you need to be invited to do AAMPLE, you cannot elect to take it.

A friend of mine said he wishes he had taken AAMPLE becos some of the ppl who took it were doing better in law school, maybe it prepares you better.

Secondly, it may be the only option. I took the LSAT 3 times and could not get above 144, I do wish I had taken a structured LSAT course, that might have saved me 000's and maybe gotten me some scholarship $$'s, but I didn't and this is my only real option now. Going to Nova.

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 pm

megee333 wrote:Firstly, you need to be invited to do AAMPLE, you cannot elect to take it.

A friend of mine said he wishes he had taken AAMPLE becos some of the ppl who took it were doing better in law school, maybe it prepares you better.

Secondly, it may be the only option. I took the LSAT 3 times and could not get above 144, I do wish I had taken a structured LSAT course, that might have saved me 000's and maybe gotten me some scholarship $$'s, but I didn't and this is my only real option now. Going to Nova.

This thread is filled to the brim with blatant AAMBLE program shills. Probably all from Charlotte.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm

I encourage you all to apply to Barry Law School..or Nova.. which one is better is debateable.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

gwuorbust wrote:I encourage you all to apply to Barry Law School..or Nova.. which one is better is debateable.

Heinous anti-St. Thomas trolling.

But I'm sure the debate between the two could fill several pages worth.

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:I encourage you all to apply to Barry Law School..or Nova.. which one is better is debateable.

Heinous anti-St. Thomas trolling.

But I'm sure the debate between the two could fill several pages worth.

Haters gonna hate, they can cry into their St. Thomas rejection letter.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm in a bind here. Part of me wants to ask questions about the nature/make-up of these programs (I'm surprised more law schools don't try to make money this way), because I'm sort of curious. Yet, in so doing, I would expose myself to the potential of falling victim to a somewhat sophisticated troll. On the other hand, if I immediately dismiss out of hand those espousing an interest in these kind of programs as trolls or shills, I risk coming across as an elitist denigrating those who might be legitimately considering a program like this.

So, let me just say, if anyone is so dedicated/dead-set on becoming a lawyer that he or she would consider a program like this, that person should be dedicated enough at least to exhaust all LSAT retake possibilities.

*backs away slowly*

alexonfyre

Postby alexonfyre » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:37 pm

fakemoney wrote:I'm in a bind here. Part of me wants to ask questions about the nature/make-up of these programs (I'm surprised more law schools don't try to make money this way), because I'm sort of curious. Yet, in so doing, I would expose myself to the potential of falling victim to a somewhat sophisticated troll. On the other hand, if I immediately dismiss out of hand those espousing an interest in these kind of programs as trolls or shills, I risk coming across as an elitist denigrating those who might be legitimately considering a program like this.

So, let me just say, if anyone is so dedicated/dead-set on becoming a lawyer that he or she would consider a program like this, that person should be dedicated enough at least to exhaust all LSAT retake possibilities.

*backs away slowly*

No law school worth going to offers AAMPLE. If they did, there would be more talk about it, and probably an article in the main admissions page.

misswestinthebest

Postby misswestinthebest » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello. I was denied admission to the fall class at Florida Coastal School of Law and they sent me an invitation to the AAMPLE program I applied and for some reason assumed that the invitation meant that I wouldn't be denied but now it seems that they may not be accepting me into the AAMPLE program even... would they do that? Invite me to the AAMPLE program but not let me in? please get back to me.
Thanks

top30man

Postby top30man » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:40 pm

misswestinthebest wrote:Hello. I was denied admission to the fall class at Florida Coastal School of Law and they sent me an invitation to the AAMPLE program I applied and for some reason assumed that the invitation meant that I wouldn't be denied but now it seems that they may not be accepting me into the AAMPLE program even... would they do that? Invite me to the AAMPLE program but not let me in? please get back to me.
Thanks

It would be a blessing if they did. Please, please avoid AAMPLE and any school that has it.

Master Tofu

Postby Master Tofu » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 am

nealric wrote:
I am really considering taking this AAMPLE. Sure, I'll need to pay about 2 twice what it would take for me to go take ANOTHER LSAT classs and application fees and the test however, it would get me into Law School once I pass it (and believe me I'm going to spend EVERY waking minute on AAMPLE), instead of paying essentially the same total amount and maybe get the same scores, and still wind up with the chance of not getting anywhere

#1. You don't need to take a class. You just need to keep at the LSAT prep/studying. Cost of a few books + retake is a fraction of the cost of AAMPLE. Plus you could go from an AAMPLE candidate to getting a large scholarship at the same school. Retaking could save you 10s of thousands.

#2. Both AAMPLE and retaking the LSAT would only give you a CHANCE at getting into law school. You could go to AAMPLE and not pass. Some of the AAMPLE schools have ridiculously low pass rates. Retaking the LSAT is a much less risky move and has much higher potential upside reward.

My point stands. It's a far better use of your time to spend every waking minute on the LSAT- not AAMPLE.

Listen to this good dude. He knows something.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 am

This has to be an elaborate flame

JamesChapman23

Postby JamesChapman23 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 pm

Shills or Trolls, you decide.

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:39 pm

I laughed the whole time.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Seems to me these schools should just admit aample candidates straight away, especially in the face of declining enrollments. It's so funny that a law school whose median is like 147 or 149 or some other number below the average test-taker's ability would suggest that there are some applicants "whose outright admission to law school is questionable." MOST of your admits are "questionable" if you are using the LSAT as a measure, and clearly they are -- so just stop dorking around and admit the whole lot.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:46 am

justonemoregame wrote:Seems to me these schools should just admit aample candidates straight away, especially in the face of declining enrollments. It's so funny that a law school whose median is like 147 or 149 or some other number below the average test-taker's ability would suggest that there are some applicants "whose outright admission to law school is questionable." MOST of your admits are "questionable" if you are using the LSAT as a measure, and clearly they are -- so just stop dorking around and admit the whole lot.

Damn. How many questions do you gave to miss to get a 147 anyway?

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:52 am

It's about half the exam

Bankrupt257

Postby Bankrupt257 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBrGVCThdH8

Massachusetts School of Law may take you...forget AAMPLE

Honey_Badger

Postby Honey_Badger » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 pm

alexonfyre wrote:
megee333 wrote:Firstly, you need to be invited to do AAMPLE, you cannot elect to take it.

This thread is filled to the brim with blatant AAMBLE program shills. Probably all from Charlotte.

+1
And I love your 'tar... :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”