AAMPLE-Charlotte, Florida Coastal, Phoenix School of Law

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
spank2798

AAMPLE-Charlotte, Florida Coastal, Phoenix School of Law

Postby spank2798 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:12 am

I know there are people on here that are going to shred this post but I will post anyway. I was invited to the AAMPLE program last week. The classes I believe are six weeks and then you must take a final. I was trying to get into Charlotte School of Law but they offered me the AAMPLE program instead. Could you guys please give me an in depth idea on how this program works..I have been accepted to Cooley but I NC really sounds like a better choice. I am also trying to locate other AAMPLE students on these boards. Thanks for your help and input!

Waggly Toast

Re: AAMPLE-Charlotte, Florida Coastal, Phoenix School of Law

Postby Waggly Toast » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am

The following came from Nova Southeastern University regarding the AAMPLE program:

At NSU, we believe dreams are meant to be realized... that dedicated individuals deserve a chance... that success is limited only by the height of your aspirations.

The Alternative Admissions Model Program for Legal Education (AAMPLE ®) offers determined individuals - whose outright admission to law school is questionable based on traditional applicants criteria - the opportunity to earn a place in the classroom. This performance - based admissions program rewards students who demonstrate the desire, commitment and level of achievement necessary to manage the rigors of law school. Those admitted through the AAMPLE ® program demonstrate a strong potential for success in law school.

The program consists of two law school courses, Introduction to the 4th Amendment and Negotiable Instruments. These were selected from our regular law school curriculum and modified to provide the most accurate indication of a student's potential for law school success. The courses are taught by tenured professors from our full-time faculty.
While success in this program earns you admission to the Law Center as a degree candidate, the American Bar Association does not allow the Law Center to count the grades earned in AAMPLE ® courses in your law school grade point average or count AAMPLE ® participation towards the 90 credits required for graduation.

Your acceptance into the first year class is also subject to our receipt of official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the institutions to our Office of Student Affairs. The official transcripts are required in addition to the copies sent to us with LSDAS reports. We must receive the official transcripts no later than July 30, 2010.

Success in this rigorous program is by no means guaranteed, and there is no fixed percentage of students who successfully complete the program. We believe that everyone we accept into AAMPLE ® has the potential to succeed if she/he has the determination to do so, can act on it and devotes full attention to this program. There are no quotas involving admission; there are NO MAXIMUM numbers who can join Nova Southeastern University's entering class. Everyone admitted to AAMPLE ® has the opportunity to succeed.

All AAMPLE ® results are final and non-appealable. Neither the professors nor the school's administration can or will change grades once they are posted. The only exception is for clerical errors, such as the wrong grade being accidentally written on the grade sheet. The faculty and administration will not grant any petition for admission, for any reason, until the two year time limit has expired.

We offer AAMPLE ® both On Campus and Online. Both programs are by invitation only. Invitations to this program are offered by the admissions committee after reviewing application files to the NSU Law Center.

sla315

Postby sla315 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I was offered the AAMPLE as well but am awaiting decisions from other schools I have applied to. It's tough but if you study 60 hours a week you should do fine on the exam.

Prismpunk

Postby Prismpunk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 pm

I was also offered the AAMPLE for Florida Coastal. I only have a few days to decide. Is this program worth it?

spank2798

Postby spank2798 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am

Well we need to have the $300 deposit in by Friday to reserve a seat..My take is Cooley is way over priced...if we bust our balls for 6 weeks and get the 2.5 gpa and the 2 c's in each class we will be admitted...if you guys want to talk more and in private my email is spangenc@yahoo.com..Thanks!!

OneSixtySix

Postby OneSixtySix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:38 am

flame.

AJ1011

Postby AJ1011 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 pm

I was also offered the AAMPLE program through Florida Coastal but decided on Charlotte because it was closer. I've read about the program on a couple other law school forums and the people who did the program prior years had mixed reviews. This is the first post I've read about the program this year. I paid my seat deposit today and I hope this was the right decision. :|

BiteyTLS

Postby BiteyTLS » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

If this is trolling, this troll must be really committed. He created 4 sockpuppets for one flame. Dedication I tell you.

rtvendetti

Postby rtvendetti » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:32 am

i am considering this as well for florida coastal..im curious as to how how rigorous the two classes are..and we have to be at the school to take the final exam i believe..which means i would have to fly from ohio for that one..im still awaiting word from cooley so if that does not come by the time the deposit is required ill just put it down

shaunielove

Postby shaunielove » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Yea I got into Florida Coastal and NOVA's AAMPLE program. I'm wondering myself if there are any successful students that go through this program.

GZUS

Postby GZUS » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Im signed up an paid up for the Aample program for florida coastal..i hear it not so hard just lots an lots of work and reading. i got my books already and started reading some of them to have an idea of what im getting into. i hope the syllabus is up soon. We have to fly into Jacksonville for the final? i wasnt to clear on that.

shaunielove

Postby shaunielove » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes most definately.

SueZkay

Postby SueZkay » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm

I, myself, was accepted into Cooley's summer program, but rather opted for Florida Coastal's AAMPLE... I'm nervous about the classes and the workload as I've never been the greatest at 'forming good study skills' but I think my determination to get into law school is sort of pushing me through here to do whatever it takes.

I, too, have started reading, and hope that I 'have what it takes.'

Yes, you do have to fly to Jacksonville for the final...

It's good to find people that are going through this same thing I am.

afghan007

Postby afghan007 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 pm

lol.. this is good. keep it going!

GZUS

Postby GZUS » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Now that some time has passed have any of you gotten what sections you will be in for the Florida Coastal AAMPLE program

I am in section B the syllabus for the first class is posted but the one for Negotiable Instruments is not

Only thing i dont like about this is that we dont get credits for the classes..

I am also pleased to find other people who will be going through this like me :mrgreen: ..

SueZkay

Postby SueZkay » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:58 am

WOO HOO! My syllabi are up! (I'm in section A).

Yeah, this could definitely be a great place to blow off some steam or ask for fellow student POVs about how they are doing in this class, how they like it, etc.

The whole thing about not getting credit hacks me off a bit, but I feel if I can get into a good law school, I'd be just as glad, hard work in the beginning involved or not...

The one thing that really gets to me is that my 4th amendment text hasn't be sent to me yet and I ordered it a month ago - STUPID AMAZON VENDOR - GRR!

jgo01

Postby jgo01 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Hey guys,

I am also doing the aample program in Florida Coastal and I was assigned to Section B :)

I am nervous and looking forward to it at the same time!! I heard it was very hard, I keep getting mixed reviews!
:? :? :? :?

SueZkay

Postby SueZkay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 am

Wow, we definitely ought to support each other and make sure that each of us do well, that way - we could form a study group this fall (provided we all make it!) lol...

Yeah I heard mixed reviews - then again, I'm at a point where I'm outright determined to prove that despite my credentials that got me rejected from other schools, I still stand a fighting chance to get into a law school... My performance in standardized tests has always been a major issue for me >.< - I'm sort of nervous though excited at the same time...

Any section A's? (that's what I'm in)

rtvendetti

Postby rtvendetti » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Im in section A! im excited for this oppertunity. i have taken a criminal procedures class in my last semester of college and actually used the same book so i have it and have most of the cases briefed already. the NI class might be a little weird but i think with hard work we should all do fairly well..Its a typical law school type of class so if you cant cut it through these classes, you wouldnt prob be able to survive law school anyway lol

SueZkay

Postby SueZkay » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:11 pm

rtvendetti wrote:Im in section A! im excited for this oppertunity. i have taken a criminal procedures class in my last semester of college and actually used the same book so i have it and have most of the cases briefed already. the NI class might be a little weird but i think with hard work we should all do fairly well..Its a typical law school type of class so if you cant cut it through these classes, you wouldnt prob be able to survive law school anyway lol

Alright! I found a section A classmate!! :) I am a bit ehhh about 4th Amendment, mostly because I'm still learning to 'brief a case' (my BA was in Sociology >.< there's no case briefing in that) ... It looks like a lot of reading comprehension to me, but eh, I'm sure I can get the hang of it... The NI class actually looks like it could be my personal strongpoint.... Maybe it deals with my area of study a bit more - idk... But it's ironic, I am more curious to learn about the 4th Amendment class, even if I might be an underdog there.

I did buy that book on mastering law school exams and it's actually been a great read. I think reading that has given me the 'missing link' as far as law-related classes go, LOL.

I can't wait.... as crazy as that might sound O.O

if anyone (section classmate or not - doesn't matter) wishes to keep in touch and perhaps compare notes throughout the class, feel free to drop me an email : skufdakis@gmail.com

aangel21

Postby aangel21 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Can anyone here update on how they did?? I got an AAMPLE invite for Phoenix Law.. but not so sure about doing it and/or the school. I only wish it would have been Charlotte :0(

Was it worth paying the deposit and the tuition of $3,200?

txadv11

Postby txadv11 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:02 am

I know that "retake" pisses people off but I'd like to just suggest it.

Phoenix Law emailed me in August (through the candidate referral service/allowing my "numbers" to be seen) when I had a mid 140's and said it was possible to apply to AAMPLE. I decided to study and retake this October and went up +11 points. Now, at mid 150's they not only said I was a very likely candidate for admissions, but even offered 12,000/yr without even having my application (although, given my choices, they won't get one lol)

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 pm

txadv11 wrote:I know that "retake" pisses people off but I'd like to just suggest it.

Phoenix Law emailed me in August (through the candidate referral service/allowing my "numbers" to be seen) when I had a mid 140's and said it was possible to apply to AAMPLE. I decided to study and retake this October and went up +11 points. Now, at mid 150's they not only said I was a very likely candidate for admissions, but even offered 12,000/yr without even having my application (although, given my choices, they won't get one lol)

+1 nicely done =)

nealric

Postby nealric » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:14 pm

The amount of time and money you would expend studying for a retake is a lot less than those programs. The only person for whom I can imagine those programs are a good idea would be an independently wealthy person who can't get a good LSAT score after 3 administrations and at least a year of full-time studying.

aangel21

Postby aangel21 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 pm

TXADV11, Great Job!! I'm glad you not only did better but now have better options.

Nealric, what you say is true but not in everyone's case.

I am really considering taking this AAMPLE. Sure, I'll need to pay about 2 twice what it would take for me to go take ANOTHER LSAT classs and application fees and the test however, it would get me into Law School once I pass it (and believe me I'm going to spend EVERY waking minute on AAMPLE), instead of paying essentially the same total amount and maybe get the same scores, and still wind up with the chance of not getting anywhere.

My GPA is a 3.8, so studying actual law classes/cases would be more beneficial to me than studying Logic Games that essentially mean NOTHING to me (and never will). (Not to mention I've taken enough Law Classes at undergrad to have a feel/familiarity).

In general, yes I would also suggest people to take and re-do the LSAT exam, but there are certain cases where it is just more beneficial to take the AAMPLE program.

ALSO, I'm not a numbers freak so going to a Tier-whatever school is of no big deal to me, especially since I plan on doing public service work anyway :0)
(And of course, making sure the schools I want have some kind of loan assistance!) LOL.

That's why I think I will take the AAMPLE but will take another month or 2 to really mull it over. Re-taking the LSAT is NOT in my future anytime soon! Of that Im sure LOL

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”