Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Vowel jumble as well as attention whore monkey added to OP.


You might actually kill this site. I'll email Ken (via his work email) about how you're handling his online venture. I'm sure the ad dollars will continue to roll after how "silly silly" you intend to make TLS, mr. Modster. Good job.


You're a pain in the ass troll who has banned multiple times. I don't think he'll care.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

someone find out who's alt this guy is. he is actually beginning to make me laugh fwiw

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war society in legal context?

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm

jonas586 wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote: Elitism & pretension is celebrated (see: any t-14 or bust thread)


I think its dumb that some posters have twisted the whole "T14 or bust" mentality into a practice of elitism and pretension. When did setting a goal become an elitist practice? How is someone giving advice to retake in order to get a better score pretentious? People visit this site for this type of advice and motivation. The fact that a mentality to do your best pervades the website shouldn't be labeled as anything but helpful or beneficial.

janas.... just an FYI. Replies to OP like this will lead you here:

DELETED

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war society in legal context?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:I never said I was a proletariat..... I just care about ensuring our systems serve all people as equally as possible. (hence, law school)


To be fair, only proles want to help proles.

hth


But real leaders pretend to help the proles but instead make themselves new kings.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Vowel jumble as well as attention whore monkey added to OP.


You might actually kill this site. I'll email Ken (via his work email) about how you're handling his online venture. I'm sure the ad dollars will continue to roll after how "silly silly" you intend to make TLS, mr. Modster. Good job.


132

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm

You can't win, Reasonable_doubt. If you strike Helm down, he shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war society in legal context?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:I never said I was a proletariat..... I just care about ensuring our systems serve all people as equally as possible. (hence, law school)


To be fair, only proles want to help proles.

hth


But real leaders pretend to help the proles but instead make themselves new kings.


Very astute DF.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:You can't win, Reasonable_doubt. If you strike Helm down, he shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.


I'm not impressed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cbM67OJ5E

User avatar
Rowinguy2009
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Vowel jumble as well as attention whore monkey added to OP.


135

The OP was funnier than the edit. It was ridiculous and stupid, but it was still funnier.

Edit: I do kinda like the monkey though.
Last edited by Rowinguy2009 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

kittenmittons wrote:--ImageRemoved--


I love tls. and I fear for her.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Vowel jumble as well as attention whore monkey added to OP.


[strike]You might actually kill this site. I'll email Ken (via his work email) about how you're handling his online venture. I'm sure the ad dollars will continue to roll after how "silly silly" you intend to make TLS, mr. Modster. Good job.[/strike] OUTRAGE. Your father and I will discuss this like adults.


[strike]You're a pain in the ass troll who has banned multiple times. I don't think he'll care.[/strike] You don't even know him, crazy homeless person.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Vowel jumble as well as attention whore monkey added to OP.


[strike]You might actually kill this site. I'll email Ken (via his work email) about how you're handling his online venture. I'm sure the ad dollars will continue to roll after how "silly silly" you intend to make TLS, mr. Modster. Good job.[/strike] OUTRAGE. Your father and I will discuss this like adults.


[strike]You're a pain in the ass troll who has banned multiple times. I don't think he'll care.[/strike] You don't even know him, crazy homeless person.


This is not good or funny. Sorry.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war society in legal context?

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:Bro, bro, bro, bro, bro, bro, bro, bro, bro. hth


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:36 pm

I created this thread for the lulz. :D

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:I created this thread for the lulz. :D


Image

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:I created this thread for the lulz. :D


127

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Is TLS a microcosm of post-war Oceania in legal context?

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm

DELETED




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, rush4334 and 6 guests