Wait For LSAT Score Before Paying App Fees

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nikkei325i

Wait For LSAT Score Before Paying App Fees

Postby nikkei325i » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Would I be that much at a disadvantage by waiting until I see what my LSAT score is before paying the application fees? I just do not see any point in paying $500 and then finding out that I got a low score, thus meaning that I would be inclined to apply in the next application cycle. What do you TLSers think about this?

Thirteen

Re: Wait For LSAT Score Before Paying App Fees

Postby Thirteen » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 pm

When are the application deadlines? I don't think one week will make a huge difference; your applications will still be turned in very late in the cycle. If you won't miss any deadlines, waiting shouldn't hurt you that much.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:29 pm

^ That is what I was thinking. Most of my apps are due March 1st and of course I am waiting for my Feb LSAT score. As I was about to checkout on the LSAC website as I was preparing my apps I thought how much of a waste it would be to apply now before I even knew where I would have a chance at. I mean there are many out there saying how much of a pain that LG section of the Feb LSAT killed/slowed them down, but even with that I am not sure if I scored where I want to be. I REALLY want to see my score before jumping ahead and paying my app fees because $500 is a lot to ME at this point in my life.

Creed Fan

Postby Creed Fan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm

This is the strategy I am employing (I already have a score to apply with):

Submit apps and personal statements to your safety schools now.

Finalize apps and personal statements to schools you want to apply.

If you feel your score is good enough to apply with once you find out what is is, then all you have to do submit your already finished app and pay the fee.

If you don't like your score, you are just out the time it took you to work on your apps.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”