PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:37 pm

yo! wrote:Unfortunately you never found your way out of TLS. You sure seem to be one miserable motherfucker. Find something else to do :idea: . hth

Holy shit this comment in conjunction with your tar is ftw.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.

You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.

There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.

People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.

The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.

Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.

Do a search in the forum for Military Law. You will get back your money in no time if you decide to be a military lawyer.

iYale

Postby iYale » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm

kittenmittons wrote:I applaud OP for the post, format or not.

+1. Hypothetically if I were one of those people that were straddling the fence of law school and the dismal job market this post would sure as hell resign me to the latter. This was hilarious.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:
pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.

There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.

People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.

The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.

Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.

Do a search in the forum for Military Law. You will get back your money in no time if you decide to be a military lawyer.

Unless you can't handle the truth.

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 pm

SwollenMonkey wrote:Do a search in the forum for Military Law. You will get back your money in no time if you decide to be a military lawyer.

Do you think you just walk into a JAG office and immediately receive a job offer?

While JAG selectivity isn't as prestige driven or exacting as many law firms, their selection rates are all sub 10% of applicants.

hth.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:46 pm

qualster wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:The spectrum of law schools is filled with unmotivated individuals that would likely struggle in any career field. The unmotivated are probably far less concentrated at the T-14, but T1 grads that fail to succeed in law are probably significantly more pissed than their TTT counterparts b/c they thought the JD from XYZ guaranteed a great job.

True. There are lazy, socially inept jagoffs who can pull a 170 on the LSAT, just as there are boring, lazy, socially inept jags who pull 150's and 160's.

guilty as charged.

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 pm

WWJD on a property exam? lmfao. People are buying this bullshit? I'm sure there are plenty of people that are unsatisfied with their T2/3/4 education ,(read: JDunderground) but this dude has to be trolling. "I applaud the OP" give me a fucking break...

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 pm

I love how all the kids in schools ranked 15-50 completely back-up what the OP's saying.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:I love how all the kids in schools ranked 15-50 completely back-up what the OP's saying.

subtle-communist trolling

MTal

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:56 pm

yo! wrote:
Unfortunately you never found your way out of TLS. You sure seem to be one miserable motherfucker. Find something else to do :idea: . hth

As long as I continue to elicit this type of reaction, I'll keep hanging around.

MTal

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
Sitting in your room at your parents house playing on TLS (after you are no longer involved in law school) =/= "Backup plan"

LOL, seriously dude, you really want to start shit up with me again?

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 pm

MTal wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
Sitting in your room at your parents house playing on TLS (after you are no longer involved in law school) =/= "Backup plan"

LOL, seriously dude, you really want to start shit up with me again?

Ha! Nah, I really think we have laid it all on the table, just couldnt pass up the opportunity...Have a great weekend all...I'm heading to get drunk

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:I love how all the kids in schools ranked 2-14 completely back-up what the OP's saying.

ftfy

Me-a Culpa

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:01 pm

yo! wrote:Unfortunately you never found your way out of TLS. You sure seem to be one miserable motherfucker. Find something else to do :idea: . hth

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:

because it's such a good post

yo!

Postby yo! » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:
Unfortunately you never found your way out of TLS. You sure seem to be one miserable motherfucker. Find something else to do :idea: . hth

As long as I continue to elicit this type of reaction, I'll keep hanging around.

By all means....I was only trying to help :wink: You might want to think about moving on, that is all. Normally, people with a solid back-up plan don't troll message boards trying to pass their bitterness onto other people.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:06 pm

I'd love to roll my eyes at this thread and think that with enough hard work, I'd be able to do well out of any school... but honestly, if I was not attending a top-50 institution (I think setting the standard at T-14 is a bit extreme), I am not sure I would go to law school right now.

qualster

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:I'd love to roll my eyes at this thread and think that with enough hard work, I'd be able to do well out of any school... but honestly, if I was not attending a top-50 institution (I think setting the standard at T-14 is a bit extreme), I am not sure I would go to law school right now.

What about schools ranked 50-59? Tennessee, Florida, etc.

Where is the line drawn for the "OK" schools?

iYale

Postby iYale » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:I'd love to roll my eyes at this thread and think that with enough hard work, I'd be able to do well out of any school... but honestly, if I was not attending a top-50 institution (I think setting the standard at T-14 is a bit extreme), I am not sure I would go to law school right now.

+1. I said the exact same thing, only I said it could deter those straddling the fence of law school and the dismal job market from acheiving the former.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 pm

I agree-it is tough to know where to draw the line. I was speaking in general terms.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Ragged wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:

Unless you can't handle the truth.

+1. A Few Good men.

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:I love how all the kids in schools ranked 15-50 completely back-up what the OP's saying.

I don't. I'm not at a T14, I'm paying sticker, and I have no regrets thus far. I got off to a good start, and i just got a tentative offer for the summer (I plan to split, and study abroad for part of the time). I don't think T14 is the only viable route, but I do think people need to do their research and know what they are getting into. I would be batshit insane if I thought biglaw was a guarantee, even if I was anxious to go that route. This may be the case even if I do well. I'm not at an elite school, but I'm happy with the choice I made. I'm expecting a modest income (likely under $50k), and future happiness is based at least partially upon reasonable expectations. If we exceed them, so much the better.

qualster

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:

I agree-it is tough to know where to draw the line. I was speaking in general terms.

Yeah, it's weird. I'm pretty sure I'll be in at a T50 or two, but I wouldn't dump on schools like Tennessee, Miami, or Depaul. I'm pretty sure that those are good schools. I think there are schools that are overrated and there are those that are probably rather underrated when you are looking at 40-90. After that, the rankings kind of don't really seem to matter. Of course, T-14 people would say that about any school ranked below 25 or so. It's all about perspective, I guess.

MTal

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

yo! wrote:
MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:

By all means....I was only trying to help :wink: You might want to think about moving on, that is all. Normally, people with a solid back-up plan don't troll message boards trying to pass their bitterness onto other people.

I haven't posted in weeks. It's friday night, I'm stuck at work, and the call volume is slow. You'll have to forgive me if I take some time and impart a small dose of reality on the clueless brain-dead Ally McBeal wannabees which populate this site.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:

Basically the line is drawn at whatever school that poster is going to.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”