PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:
yo! wrote:haha. After the first two sentences, I was preparing for a Jersey Shore reference.

Boo jersey shore.


Also: MTal actually brings some truth. I listen to him. hth

+1 MTal get's a bad rap because of his attitude but he provides solid advice.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm

qualster wrote:
MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:ITT: TLSers make the exact same arguments, assumptions and blanket statments as in the 8,000 previous threads...is there really a point in giving these a title anymore?


ITT: I finally learn that practicing law isn't exactly like the show "The Deep End." Fuck it, I'm giving up. You win MTal.

I've never actually seen the show


If you think this is some kind of game, you are sadly mistaken.


Yo yo!, you think this is a game?! You think this is a f-in game?! MTal is like Scott Bakula's character in Quantum Leap. He's coming back in time to save our lives. We are the disabled kid who is going to try to drive his brother Robby's race car. He's hoping that we won't so that we don't crash into the ravine.

Thank you, MTal.

Wait a minute... wasn't that the storyline from EDIT WRONG REFERENCE..... FUCK... CAN'T THINK OF THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!
Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Me-a Culpa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:36 pm

MTal actually brings some truth. I listen to him. hth

Key word is "some".

Admittedly, Mtal is helpful. He's the prototype for failure. Read some of the old threads about tips on "how to do well in law school." He was so eager... then came the down hill slide into depression after the wake up call. Failure can be difficult. But for some, insulting those that thrive where they failed, therapeutic.

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
qualster wrote:
MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:ITT: I finally learn that practicing law isn't exactly like the show "The Deep End." Fuck it, I'm giving up. You win MTal.

I've never actually seen the show


If you think this is some kind of game, you are sadly mistaken.


Yo yo!, you think this is a game?! You think this is a f-in game?! MTal is like Scott Bakula's character in Quantum Leap. He's coming back in time to save our lives. We are the disabled kid who is going to try to drive his brother Robby's race car. He's hoping that we won't so that we don't crash into the ravine.

Thank you, MTal.

Wait a minute... wasn't that the storyline from Peggy Sue Got Married??


Probably. There weren't very many different storylines being used in '80's movies and TV shows.

Me-a Culpa
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Me-a Culpa » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Okay, thanks for the update.

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:Wait a minute... wasn't that the storyline from EDIT WRONG REFERENCE..... FUCK... CAN'T THINK OF THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!


The Heavenly Kid? Or Wraith?

Kind of, on both counts, except that there were no disabled younger brothers involved. Just a wussy son and a wussy younger brother, respectively, and the hero was the older relative returning from beyond the grave.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby yo! » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:
MTal actually brings some truth. I listen to him. hth

Key word is "some".

Admittedly, Mtal is helpful. He's the prototype for failure. Read some of the old threads about tips on "how to do well in law school." He was so eager... then came the down hill slide into depression after the wake up call. Failure can be difficult. But for some, insulting those that thrive where they failed, therapeutic.


+1

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby ruleser » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:OP, dude why did you format your mother fucking post like that.

Funniest response ever

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote: But for some, insulting those that thrive where they failed, therapeutic.


Who are you referring to when you say "those that thrive"? You? Don't make me laugh.

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 pm

MTal wrote:
Me-a Culpa wrote: But for some, insulting those that thrive where they failed, therapeutic.


Who are you referring to when you say "those that thrive"? You? Don't make me laugh.


Mark Gerragos and Johnny Cochrane are exactly the guys he's referring to, if my ESP is working right now. They both went to Loyola Law in LA.

Forgive my ignorance, MTal. Who is pictured in your avatar? Is it actor Brother Theodore, who played one of the Klopeks in The Burbs (also starring the highly underrated comic genius Rick Ducomun)?

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby yo! » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

haha, check out this little gem from a few years ago :lol:

CHILL06: if you're going t2... then you clearly don't understand "Top-Law-Schools.com" I don't know anyone who would consider t2 as a top law school. Go post somewhere else. And live with your parents. Have fun being emasculated by every female you have to go home with.

MTal Wow, what a hate fest this is turning into. For the record, my T2 *is* a "top" law school, since it's far and away in the top half of the approximately 200 accredited law schools in the US. And JustDude...you need to get a life. Hounding me throughout TLS indicates a lack of social life on YOUR end, not mine.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:22 pm

qualster wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:Wait a minute... wasn't that the storyline from EDIT WRONG REFERENCE..... FUCK... CAN'T THINK OF THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!


The Heavenly Kid? Or Wraith?

Kind of, on both counts, except that there were no disabled younger brothers involved. Just a wussy son and a wussy younger brother, respectively, and the hero was the older relative returning from beyond the grave.

THE HEAVENLY KID!!!!!!! BING! Thank you. :lol:

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
qualster wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:Wait a minute... wasn't that the storyline from EDIT WRONG REFERENCE..... FUCK... CAN'T THINK OF THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!


The Heavenly Kid? Or Wraith?

Kind of, on both counts, except that there were no disabled younger brothers involved. Just a wussy son and a wussy younger brother, respectively, and the hero was the older relative returning from beyond the grave.

THE HEAVENLY KID!!!!!!! BING! Thank you. :lol:


I believe Jason Gedric played the son, which is weird because he usually played the cool kid. I could be wrong.

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 pm

yo! wrote:haha, check out this little gem from a few years ago :lol:

CHILL06: if you're going t2... then you clearly don't understand "Top-Law-Schools.com" I don't know anyone who would consider t2 as a top law school. Go post somewhere else. And live with your parents. Have fun being emasculated by every female you have to go home with.

MTal Wow, what a hate fest this is turning into. For the record, my T2 *is* a "top" law school, since it's far and away in the top half of the approximately 200 accredited law schools in the US. And JustDude...you need to get a life. Hounding me throughout TLS indicates a lack of social life on YOUR end, not mine.


I no longer live with my parents. I live in a large 2 bedroom house. I plan on purchasing a hot-tub for our yard soon.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:36 pm

yo! wrote:For the record, my T2 *is* a "top" law school, since it's far and away in the top half of the approximately 200 accredited law schools in the US.

This is like saying the calling the Houston Texans a "top" NFL team because they won more than half their games last year. Yes, they did better than half the other teams in the NFL, but that doesn't mean they don't suck.

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:41 pm

MTal wrote:
yo! wrote:haha, check out this little gem from a few years ago :lol:

CHILL06: if you're going t2... then you clearly don't understand "Top-Law-Schools.com" I don't know anyone who would consider t2 as a top law school. Go post somewhere else. And live with your parents. Have fun being emasculated by every female you have to go home with.

MTal Wow, what a hate fest this is turning into. For the record, my T2 *is* a "top" law school, since it's far and away in the top half of the approximately 200 accredited law schools in the US. And JustDude...you need to get a life. Hounding me throughout TLS indicates a lack of social life on YOUR end, not mine.


I no longer live with my parents. I live in a large 2 bedroom house. I plan on purchasing a hot-tub for our yard soon.


You hear that? He outsmarted the law school meat wheel and now he is buying a hot tub! Listen to him, damnit! A hot tub!

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

pleaselisten wrote:You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

qfp

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:49 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
manbearwig
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby manbearwig » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Lol, this thread makes me glad for my decision. Possibly couldn't get into the T14 (still waiting to here back from two) but I don't care because full rides are awesome. (At a regional T2 school that places well in the area.)

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby MTal » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote: I'm not looking for a way to dig at you.


You disappoint me, my friend.

I get asked this quite a lot...I'm thinking maybe I should start my own blog. For the xxxth time, I went to a T2 state school on a small scholly. Did well the first semester, bombed the 2nd, and decided to get out.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

MTal wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote: I'm not looking for a way to dig at you.


You disappoint me, my friend.

You say that like he's depriving you of your power source. :lol:

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

manbearwig wrote:Lol, this thread makes me glad for my decision. Possibly couldn't get into the T14 (still waiting to here back from two) but I don't care because full rides are awesome. (At a regional T2 school that places well in the area.)


Hey, you still didn't go T14, bro. You'll have to work for minimum wage. T14 bro. T14.

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby yo! » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:00 am

MTal wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote: I'm not looking for a way to dig at you.


You disappoint me, my friend.

I get asked this quite a lot...I'm thinking maybe I should start my own blog. For the xxxth time, I went to a T2 state school on a small scholly. Did well the first semester, bombed the 2nd, and decided to get out.


All joking aside, what made you decide not to stick it out? Most state schools are relatively cheap, so you probably wouldn't have gone into the 6 figure insane debt that some do. Did you have undergrad debt as well?

User avatar
brigun
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby brigun » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 am

What a thread! :roll: The world's going to end in 2012 anyway, so may as well go to law school. Your mom will be proud, and people will think you're amazingly smart.

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:22 am

brigun wrote:What a thread! :roll: The world's going to end in 2012 anyway, so may as well go to law school. Your mom will be proud, and people will think you're amazingly smart.


Hey, you think this is a f-ing game?! Seriously, bro.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Dodocogon, sakanaya, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests