PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pleaselisten
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:46 pm

PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby pleaselisten » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:57 pm

And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.


There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.



People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.


The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.



Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:58 pm

IB sub-165 LSATS

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:00 pm

OP, dude why did you format your mother fucking post like that.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby flyingpanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Wow... just wow...

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:02 pm

LOL dude paid 150K for a 40K a year job.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:02 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:OP, dude why did you format your mother fucking post like that.


T2 education obv

miamiman
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby miamiman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Shit just got real (and fast)

pleaselisten
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby pleaselisten » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Only in my first year. I can still escape.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Payton Manning choked.
Last edited by D. H2Oman on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 pm

pleaselisten wrote:Only in my first year. I can still escape.


Dude, suicide is always an option.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby flyingpanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:04 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Bets on where OP goes to school?


I'm guessing a T2 in a really saturated market.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Bets on where OP goes to school?


I'm guessing a T2 in a really saturated market.



Yeah, I agree, it probably is Cornell.

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby tallboone » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:Bets on where OP goes to school?


Based on "I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course." I would say Pepperdine.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

I applaud OP for the post, format or not.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby flyingpanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:06 pm

tallboone wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:Bets on where OP goes to school?


Based on "I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course." I would say Pepperdine.


Isn't Pepperdine T1?

I was going to guess Catholic U.

But H20 is right, could be Cornell :)

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby sanpiero » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Catholic, USF, Kent, or Loyola (LA)???

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:08 pm

kittenmittons wrote:I applaud OP for the post, format or not.


The OP is 100% correct.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:09 pm

If your classmates are retarded, why aren't you in the top 10%?

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:13 pm

pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.


There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.



People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.


The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.



Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.


I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what if the job market rebounds in two or three years? I don't know how likely that is, but it's a distict possibility.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:15 pm

qualster wrote:
pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.


There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.



People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.


The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.



Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.


I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what if the job market rebounds in two or three years? I don't know how likely that is, but it's a distict possibility.


HOLD UP. Are you serious?

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
qualster wrote:
pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.


There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.



People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.


The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.



Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.


I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what if the job market rebounds in two or three years? I don't know how likely that is, but it's a distict possibility.


HOLD UP. Are you serious?


I don't know. Am I?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:17 pm

qualster wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
qualster wrote:
pleaselisten wrote:And you do not plan on being creative like opening your own law firm or do something else with your JD, THEN DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

I'm going to a T2 school. Heard the same advice on here. I said to myself rankings don't matter. Its bogus.

You are likely going to end up with a few C's and B's. Or worse.


You will apply for summer internships and not understand why no one is caling you back.

The school i go to now is just making a profit from dumb clowns like me who assumed they would get in the top 10 percent through studying and hard work. I had one test that had mutiple choice questions stating what would Jesus believe we should do in this situation? In a property course.


There is no quality control. So basically if you finish out of the top 10 percent you won't get a good high paying law job.



People are walking around depressed that there decent grades are no better than the people who got C's.


The depression will kick in midway through your second semester. Then you will see everyone in your class on facebook. Not giving a damn.



Study hard for the LSAT and get to a T14. I thought it was just about prestige before. Law school is BULL CRAP.


I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what if the job market rebounds in two or three years? I don't know how likely that is, but it's a distict possibility.


HOLD UP. Are you serious?


I don't know. Am I?


I don't know bro. Be introspective. Are you?

qualster
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:42 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby qualster » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:19 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
qualster wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
qualster wrote:I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what if the job market rebounds in two or three years? I don't know how likely that is, but it's a distict possibility.


HOLD UP. Are you serious?


I don't know. Am I?


I don't know bro. Be introspective. Are you?


Maybe?

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby tallboone » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:19 pm

kittenmittons wrote:I don't know bro. Be introspective. Are you?

haha
Sometimes a perfectly placed "bro" can make me lol.

User avatar
Rowinguy2009
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: PLEASE LISTEN. If you can't get T14, Don't have connections

Postby Rowinguy2009 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:20 pm

ITT we learn T2 at sticker price in a saturated market might be a bad idea.....calling the Daily Planet now to inform them of the news.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], packerboy31489, smartmoon, UghNonAmus, uiony, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests