Not going to get everything in on time

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RickyRoe

Not going to get everything in on time

Postby RickyRoe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:11 pm

As a result of financial obligations, my transcript was not sent in to be processed until a little over a week ago. Not it appears that LSAC is taking their time processing it because they have my money and they likely don't care. With the March 1 deadlines approaching I am running out of time, I just have two quick questions;
1) If I go in and talk to the admissions office at my #1 choice (in my hometown) would they grant me extra time?
2) If the transcript was processed sometime in the middle of next week would I still have enough time to send in the applications? Everything is done on my end, but I'm concerned by the pace that the LSAC does things. Does LSAC send the report out instantly or do they do it at their usual 3-4 week pace?
Thanks for the help.

vlsorbust

Re: Not going to get everything in on time

Postby vlsorbust » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 pm

It never hurts to ask, but brace yourself for the likelihood that they aren't going to give you an extension. See if they will at least accept your app along with whatever else you have in order to meet the deadline. Not sure if this applies to the school you are talking about, but some schools have separate deadlines: one for the app itself and one for the file to be "complete" - i.e. all supporting documents. I think LSAC takes about 2 - 3 weeks on average, but it's hard to say how long it will take now that it's busy season. A lot of students are in the same boat, getting their apps in at the last minute. Good luck!

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 pm

I think most schools will still accept your app if it's a little bit late (1-2 days). However you're really doing yourself a disservice by applying this late. By the deadline, something like 80% of offers have already been given out.

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I realize that I am probably looking at applying next fall, but my numbers are above the medians for my #1 school. The only reason I didnt have this done back in November is because of an old tuition bill that had to be paid in full before sending in my transcript.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”