IU-B and traffic violations

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kobe_Teeth

IU-B and traffic violations

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I just got en e-mail saying I need to explain why I checked "yes" to traffic violations in regards to their ethics violations. I assume i probably should have attached an addendum when i first sent in my application but its too late for that now obviously.

So, do I just e-mail the lady back or type up something relatively formal explaining the speeding tickets I received in high school and the moving violation I got in college for doing a U-ey on an empty street at a long light at 3am on an absolutely empty road? (BTW...if you'll be in Champagne next year...the cops are assholes)

cavebat2000

Re: IU-B and traffic violations

Postby cavebat2000 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

yes, email an addendum. Take responsibility and you win. :)

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Oh yea, I mean they were all my fault. I shouldn't have pulled that U-ey no matter how silly the ticket and subsequent 6 written warnings were (including the tread on ONE of my tires not being deep enough (essentially the lady was convinced I was DUI for her record and i totally wasn't...on top of that she had a ride-along to show off for).

But what do you mean "...and you win?" Should I take this request as a good sign?

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:54 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Oh yea, I mean they were all my fault. I shouldn't have pulled that U-ey no matter how silly the ticket and subsequent 6 written warnings were (including the tread on ONE of my tires not being deep enough (essentially the lady was convinced I was DUI for her record and i totally wasn't...on top of that she had a ride-along to show off for).

But what do you mean "...and you win?" Should I take this request as a good sign?

I wouldn't take it as any sign. It's just protocol.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:00 am

Kinda what I figured. Double checking.

cavebat2000

Postby cavebat2000 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Oh yea, I mean they were all my fault. I shouldn't have pulled that U-ey no matter how silly the ticket and subsequent 6 written warnings were (including the tread on ONE of my tires not being deep enough (essentially the lady was convinced I was DUI for her record and i totally wasn't...on top of that she had a ride-along to show off for).

It's really a test to see how you take responsibility. What you say is the most important thing. They probably don't care all too much that you got a speeding ticket. Although 6 written warnings....

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:I just got en e-mail saying I need to explain why I checked "yes" to traffic violations in regards to their ethics violations. I assume i probably should have attached an addendum when i first sent in my application but its too late for that now obviously.

So, do I just e-mail the lady back or type up something relatively formal explaining the speeding tickets I received in high school and the moving violation I got in college for doing a U-ey on an empty street at a long light at 3am on an absolutely empty road? (BTW...if you'll be in Champagne next year...the cops are assholes)

Well, it wasn't absolutely empty, now was it?

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:04 am

cavebat2000 wrote:

It's really a test to see how you take responsibility. What you say is the most important thing. They probably don't care all too much that you got a speeding ticket. Although 6 written warnings....

For ridiculous stuff! It was insane. My parking sticker hanging from my mirror was listed as an "obstruction!"

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:05 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:I just got en e-mail saying I need to explain why I checked "yes" to traffic violations in regards to their ethics violations. I assume i probably should have attached an addendum when i first sent in my application but its too late for that now obviously.

Well, it wasn't absolutely empty, now was it?

HAHA...thought of that as I was writing this. Lights were off...I probably should have spotted the car...but obviously didn't. Hindsight.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”