Gpa addendum help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ACinemaStare

Gpa addendum help

Postby ACinemaStare » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:31 pm

I would like to write an addendum for my gpa and would like some advice on how to go about it. I had around a 3.0 during my first undergraduate degree, and 5 years later, decided to pursue a pre-law degree at the University of Central Florida and now have a 3.7, including a 4.0 in my legal studies. Unfortunately, this will not be included in my lsdas gpa since I already have one undergraduate degree, but my transcript from UCF will be sent to them. The reason I decided to attend school again was to raise my gpa and show law schools my full potential. I would just like to write an addendum to have them put equal weight into my UCF gpa and not just base myself on my previous gpa. Any advice on what I should write about when I do this? I don't want them to see me as making excuses, I know I did not try my hardest my first time in college. However, I feel this gpa truly does show my potential. Any help would be great.
P.s. Please don't hound me about my former gpa in responses. Thanks!

eudaimondaimon

Re: Gpa addendum help

Postby eudaimondaimon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:00 pm

ACinemaStare wrote:The reason I decided to attend school again was to raise my gpa and show law schools my full potential. I would just like to write an addendum to have them put equal weight into my UCF gpa and not just base myself on my previous gpa. Any advice on what I should write about when I do this? I don't want them to see me as making excuses, I know I did not try my hardest my first time in college. However, I feel this gpa truly does show my potential. Any help would be great.
P.s. Please don't hound me about my former gpa in responses. Thanks!

AFAIK, that will not happen no matter how compelling your addendum. If I were you I'd try really hard to convey that you're serious about the study of law and not just continually seeking the shelter of continued education.

BTW, how's your debt-situation after those two Bachelor's degrees?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”