Applicants with a disability

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
watwat

Applicants with a disability

Postby watwat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:24 am

Having read DarlayBoo's FAQ for applicants with disabilities I wanted to ask the forum further questions.

1) Do you feel disclosing your disability had a negative impact on schools you feel you should have gotten into with your numbers?

2) Do you feel disclosing gave you a "boost" on schools you thought your numbers would not get you into? (numbers specifically affected by your disability)

3) Any advice beyond that FAQ you'd have for applicants with a disability that has affected their numbers?

Fef619

Re: Applicants with a disability

Postby Fef619 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am

watwat wrote:Having read DarlayBoo's FAQ for applicants with disabilities I wanted to ask the forum further questions.

1) Do you feel disclosing your disability had a negative impact on schools you feel you should have gotten into with your numbers?

2) Do you feel disclosing gave you a "boost" on schools you thought your numbers would not get you into? (numbers specifically affected by your disability)

3) Any advice beyond that FAQ you'd have for applicants with a disability that has affected their numbers?

I did not read this "DarlayBoo's FAQ" but I disclosed the minor learning disability I had...im still going through the process...but...thus far...some schools have just outright rejected me because of it..most of the schools seem like they just dont care..which really pisses me off because this is something i cannot control; however, i dont regret having disclosed this information..because if you didnt, schools wouldnt know the reason for your low lsat and/or gpa.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:02 am

Fef619 wrote:
watwat wrote:Having read DarlayBoo's FAQ for applicants with disabilities I wanted to ask the forum further questions.

I did not read this "DarlayBoo's FAQ" but I disclosed the minor learning disability I had...im still going through the process...but...thus far...some schools have just outright rejected me because of it..most of the schools seem like they just dont care..which really pisses me off because this is something i cannot control; however, i dont regret having disclosed this information..because if you didnt, schools wouldnt know the reason for your low lsat and/or gpa.

this must be b/c of your application. i don't think schools can reject you because of your disability (it's actually illegal/against the law...) At least, that's what I have heard.

Fef619

Postby Fef619 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:12 am

avacado111 wrote:
Fef619 wrote:

this must be b/c of your application. i don't think schools can reject you because of your disability (it's actually illegal/against the law...) At least, that's what I have heard.

Have you applied to any schools yet?...its all a numbers game...youll see...

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:36 am

Fef619 wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
Fef619 wrote:

Have you applied to any schools yet?...its all a numbers game...youll see...

Right, but rejecting you because of numbers that may or may not have been impacted by your disability is not the same as rejecting you because of your disability itself.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”