update transcript for admitted schools?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hopefullaw27

update transcript for admitted schools?

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 am

I was wondering if there's any use in updating schools that I've been accepted to with my grades after my fall semester. My LSDAS went from a 3.67 to a 3.7. Clearly this isn't too significant, but I was hoping that any little bit may help in merit scholarship considerations? Thoughts on whether this is kosher?

PDaddy

Re: update transcript for admitted schools?

Postby PDaddy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:07 am

hopefullaw27 wrote:I was wondering if there's any use in updating schools that I've been accepted to with my grades after my fall semester. My LSDAS went from a 3.67 to a 3.7. Clearly this isn't too significant, but I was hoping that any little bit may help in merit scholarship considerations? Thoughts on whether this is kosher?

Why not tell them?! It went up, so it certainly can't hurt your $$$ chances and might indeed help bring you an extra $5K or so. Of course, had it gone down, I would have told you to wait until required to submit your final transcript(s).

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 am

yeah, i suppose...i just feel like that'll be an awkward email..as in them wondering why i'm telling them

Sangiovese

Postby Sangiovese » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:44 pm

No need for it to be awkward. Just send a brief email letting them know that you have received your latest grades and are including them so that they can keep your file up to date.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”