Why do Third Tier and Fourth Tier Law Schools even exist?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stintez

Re: Why do Third Tier and Fourth Tier Law Schools even exist?

Postby stintez » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:43 pm

jdhonest wrote:
stintez wrote:Dear half tard

FYI a 155 wont get you into any top 14 school. Moreover, some people go to third and fourth tier schools because its a little something called a full ride. What's more my friend graduated from a fourth tier school and he has his own firm and his very own 350k house and his very own 2008 M3. Just thought I'd enlighten you. :mrgreen:

Is he hiring interns for the summer? I can pm you my resume.

I am not sure ill ask we live in cincinnati

jdhonest

Postby jdhonest » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 pm

1ferret! wrote:You can still buy a house for 350k?

In Michigan, you can buy Detroit for 350K...and still get back change.

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:
After law school, the world is still competitive. The legal system wouldn't benefit from fewer lawyers working comfortably without having to compete for their jobs. The legal system benefits from having lots of competition. Lawyers do not.

The ABA is a trade association for lawyers. It's high time they started acting like one.

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I was going to regurgitate earlier comments, give out examples of 3t badasses making bank and talk bad about the op but it's happened so much in this thread that...I'll just say "yeah!"

dhg5004

Postby dhg5004 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Before someone retorts, why does any law school outside of the top 14 exist har har, lets be reasonable. A person graduating from the top law schools in his or her state will always have good job prospects in the future. As a Floridian, I would include UF FSU and even UM in this category. However, certain schools, like Nova, FIU, FAMU have no purpose. Even if you graduated from these schools who would hire you over a UF or FSU grad? It just seems like people are throwing 3 years of their life down the drain. These people need to realize that if you can't muster above a 155 or so on the LSAT maybe law just isn't their thing.

1st- Only 35% of people score above a 155 on the LSAT and definitely not only 35% of people who go to law school prove to be successful.

2nd - I know many law school grads from t3 schools who are doing insanely well. Some went into business...some politics...others are big wigs at various big time companies.

3rd - Despite what 99.9% of the people on this forum believe, which law school you graduate from does not determine your career/opportunities for the rest of your days.

4th - I know a Stanford grad and a Temple grad (you can get a 155 and still get into Temple- and I realize it's not t3 or t4 but for the sake of argument) who both interviewed for the same firm and the Stanford grad did not receive an offer while the Temple grad did. The Stanford grad, although very bright with their nose always stuck in a book, had the personality equal to that of a paper weight. The Temple grad was the opposite - very personable and likeable.

5th - I don't like you.

[let the flaming commence]

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”