URM - middle eastern?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jdhopeful11

URM - middle eastern?

Postby jdhopeful11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm middle eastern, but on most of my apps there was no field for "middle eastern" or "other", so i selected Caucasian. Even though middle eastern is an underrepresented minority, does anybody have any information that could shed some light as to whether admission councils consider middle eastern as a URM on applications that don't offer the "middle eastern" or "other" option?

I'd like to add that I included in my personal statement that I was middle eastern, so does anybody know whether they will take that information into consideration?

chadwick218

Re: URM - middle eastern?

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

diversity factor, yes. URM, no!

end of thread

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 pm

Middle Eastern is not URM for law school admissions (that's African-American, Native American, and some Latinos).

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 pm

andyman wrote:I'm middle eastern, but on most of my apps there was no field for "middle eastern" or "other", so i selected Caucasian. Even though middle eastern is an underrepresented minority, does anybody have any information that could shed some light as to whether admission councils consider middle eastern as a URM on applications that don't offer the "middle eastern" or "other" option?

I'd like to add that I included in my personal statement that I was middle eastern, so does anybody know whether they will take that information into consideration?

Middle Eastern is not an underrepresented minority for law schools. It might help for diversity purposes.

jdhopeful11

Postby jdhopeful11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

thanks guys

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”