Addendum for misdemeanors and school probation...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pricer

Addendum for misdemeanors and school probation...

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:41 pm

All of the applications ask if I have been on probation or faced disciplinary actions by a school, and they ask about criminal charges besides traffic violations. Does this sound okay for the addendum? I have not gone over the grammar aspect yet, I am just wondering if I am going in the right direction.

On April 29, 2007, I was arrested on misdemeanor charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, minor in possession of alcohol, possession of an open container of alcohol in a vehicle, possession of false identification, and providing a police officer with a false birth date by way of possession of false identification. All of these charges were the result of a single incident. I was sentenced to twenty-four hours in jail, one year of probation, one year with a suspended license, required participation in a defensive driving course, mandatory alcohol counseling, required attendance at meetings of Alcoholics Anonymous, and seventy hours of community service. This immature act is in no way a representation of my true character, and I have taken many steps to ensure that nothing of the sort will happen again. I continued doing volunteer work after the required hours, as well as continued my attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous. I have come a long way since the arrest, and I hope that the changes I have made and the achievements I have accomplished can cast light on the positive aspects of my character that may be overshadowed by this isolated case.
In May 2007, I was placed on probation at the University of Georgia for violating the school’s alcohol policy. I was arrested on the charge of minor in possession of alcohol by consumption on April 29, 2007. The next week, I scheduled an appointment with the Office of Judicial Programs to discuss my violation and subsequent punishment. As per the University’s Policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs, I received the minimum first time offender punishment of one year on probation. I served the one year term without problem, and I had no further encounters with the Office of Judicial Programs.

BigFatPanda

Re: Addendum for misdemeanors and school probation...

Postby BigFatPanda » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Good

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm

I think it is well-written and you speak about the incident with maturity. I wish you the best of luck on your cycle!

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Thank you guys

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

I would rephrase the whole in may 07 thing. It sounds like they are separate incidents to me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”