My admissions essay

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
liberty

My admissions essay

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Never to early to start, is it?

With six words I solved an enigma that had plagued my spirit for some time. It was as if the particles and planets had aligned and out of all the chaos came order, and from what? From one line; one line that resonated deep within me, the echoes of which will stay with me forever: “Racists are out to get me.”

At the base of my existence I am inherently a victim of a hostile and racist society. From the day I was born I had to fight to keep myself from being yet another black male statistic testifying to the failures of race relations in this country. But in my essence I am human being, capable of higher reasoning, abstract thinking, and greater understanding. In life, I cannot simply conduct myself on the basis of my emotions, reacting to everything on instinct, nor can I treat life as a calculation, simply judging everything in terms of its rationality. Such a cold disposition would make me blind to the compassion that makes me human. But that doesn’t mean I wasn’t watching my back from whitey. All the white people I have ever known have tried to undermine me, to drag me down below them….to make me a house negro like Clarence Thomas. My Mormon history teacher, the Jewish man across the street, the Sicilian pizzeria owner….ALL OF THEM! Thus I adopted ““Racists Are out to get me.” As my personal mantra. Whenever a Whiteman tried to drag me down I would recite this mantra in my head to cast his evil eye away from me.

----------------------------------------

Ok that's the rough-draft. I need help with a conclusion/any other pointers you might ahve.

Tanicius

Re: My admissions essay

Postby Tanicius » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:41 pm

This guy's just flaming, so I thought I'd talk about a far more interesting subject:

Anyone play Civ4? I just started, and I've finally been able to defeat the AI on Noble. I'm gradually swallowing the second of two peninsulas, the first of which was where my civilization started. Right now I'm separated from the rest of the mainland by my ally, who's essentially a punching bag for all the other civs. Question, now: I own 40% of the map. Should I invade said ally and just kick the crap out of him from behind, or should I send a naval invasion force onto the other end of the continent and make a pincer move, meeting up with my ally's front lines in a few decades or so?

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Tanicius wrote:This guy's just flaming, so I thought I'd talk about a far more interesting subject:

Anyone play Civ4? I just started, and I've finally been able to defeat the AI on Noble. I'm gradually swallowing the second of two peninsulas, the first of which was where my civilization started. Right now I'm separated from the rest of the mainland by my ally, who's essentially a punching bag for all the other civs. Question, now: I own 40% of the map. Should I invade said ally and just kick the crap out of him from behind, or should I send a naval invasion force onto the other end of the continent and make a pincer move, meeting up with my ally's front lines in a few decades or so?

TITCR.

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Tanicius wrote:This guy's just flaming, so I thought I'd talk about a far more interesting subject:

UMM EXCUSE ME

THERE IS ALREADY A FORUM FOR THAT NERDY B.S

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Liberty may be one of the best flamers I've seen recently. That said, anyone have any conclusion advice for him/her?

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Billy Blanks wrote:Liberty may be one of the best flamers I've seen recently. That said, anyone have any conclusion advice for him/her?

Yeah, it's an awesome PS. Liberty will go far in life with this attitude. Other than a few minor grammar errors, it's ready to send in.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:02 pm

is there a prize for being a good flamer?

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Why do people insist on trolling me with accusations of troll? Is this not proof positive that White people are trying to keep the black man down?

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm

i really wish i could meet you in person liberty, i always wonder what internet freaks look like in real life

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm

$1.99 wrote:i really wish i could meet you in person liberty, i always wonder what internet freaks look like in real life

+4

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Naval invasions are usually a waste time. You have to build the transports, gather your troops, protect your transports as they merrily make their way across the ocean. And then they are in enemy terrain without any support. If you have the industrial era transports and you have the circled the globe bonus it's a little bit different story, but with galleons it's tough. I say go ahead and do the amphibious invasion if you have the modern transports + tanks+ marines and artillery. Bombard his coastal cities with your navy and then send in the marines. If your ally is your vassal leave him alone. If he is not, then subjugate him.

Billy Blanks

Postby Billy Blanks » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:38 pm

$1.99 wrote:is there a prize for being a good flamer?

10 T14 admissions, here you are Liberty. And with prizes like that, who is holding whom down??

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:14 pm

$1.99 wrote:i really wish i could meet you in person liberty, i always wonder what internet freaks look like in real life

That was wholly unnecessary and immature.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Locked. Yawn.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”