Bilingualism Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
$1.99

Silver

Re: Bilingualism

Post by $1.99 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:34 pm

i definitely feel like it is now expected of you in this modern culture to speak two languages fluently, so put it on your resume and it won't hurt you and might help you, but it wont contribute anything to your gpa or LSAT which is 90% of the game. and i love desert fox.

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Bilingualism

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:41 pm

BigFatPanda wrote: Other than that, i would not recommend becoming a SeaTurtle yourself. There is a lot of horror stories about those returning to China with stellar academic degrees but no work experience.
Great advice, thank you! I have 15 years of technical WE in the field I want to practice, so hopefully I should be competitive. I am trying for a T10, otherwise the job prospect and earning power out of school may be worse than my job prospect now with my BS and WE in my current field.

I don't think I will be the seaturtle type. It took a lot to swim over here and I just don't see me swim back over there. My family is all rooted here, although, spending sometime over in Asia will probably do wonders for the kids to learn their ancestry. Thanks again.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”