Legal Trouble & School Trouble Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Pricer

Legal Trouble & School Trouble Addendum

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:55 pm

On some of my applications, there are questions asking about legal charges, academic probation, military trouble, etc. I am confused about how to include these addenda on my applications. Here is my specific question:

On the UGA application, question number 24 has four parts. Part A asks about academic problems and part B asks about legal problems. I was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol freshman year, and because of the rules of my school, I was put on academic probation for two semesters on top of the legal ramifications I faced from the state. When I write the two addenda, how should I format the pages? Should I have one file, one page, A) and B)? Or one file, two pages, A) and B)? Or two files, one page each, A) and B)?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Matlock

Re: Legal Trouble & School Trouble Addendum

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 am

First, do you also have military issues as well?

As for the addendum... if it's just an alcohol violation with the academic probation, ONE SHORT addendum summarizing that the 2 are interrelated and you've been clean of infractions ever since.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 am

No, no military problems. Here is a summary of what happened:

I have been arrested only one time. It was for DUI, MIP, fake ID, open container. Because of the MIP, I was placed on school probation. The MIP was erased from my record after my state probation was over, but I understand that I still have to list it, especially since it is the sole cause of the school probation.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 am

bump

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”