Which plan is better?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. Matlock

Re: Which plan is better?

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm

liberty wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
liberty wrote:Do you think I should go to school in Somalia (family relations there) or the state university? I think going there would give me a good personal statement on dodging bullets to get to school?

145 on this flame attempt.

That really wasn't a flame attempt.

The facilities/faculty may be lacking, but wouldn't it make a great diversity/personal statement....and after looking at the Yale student profiles no one there speaks Somali or has lived/worked in Somalia

Enjoy life on the high seas liberty! We salute you!!

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 am

Ok since you guys didn't take it seriously I think the adcoms won't either. I don't want to be the butt of piracy jokes. :roll:

Let's say I take a communications major and get like a 3.9.... Will it be difficult to do well in law school/ get a high LSAT score becasue that major didn't prepare me?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 am

liberty wrote:Ok since you guys didn't take it seriously I think the adcoms won't either. I don't want to be the butt of piracy jokes. :roll:

Let's say I take a communications major and get like a 3.9.... Will it be difficult to do well in law school/ get a high LSAT score becasue that major didn't prepare me?

Dude.... you swung and missed. Give it a few months and then come back and try again.

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 am

Desert Fox wrote:
TTTennis wrote:Option C- Go to Devry, get a 4.0. Study your butt off and get a high LSAT score. Then go to whatever LS you want.

I wouldn't risk Devry. It's so bad it might get you dinged. Also it is expensive.

Blatant anti-GULC trolling

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
liberty wrote:Ok since you guys didn't take it seriously I think the adcoms won't either. I don't want to be the butt of piracy jokes. :roll:

Dude.... you swung and missed. Give it a few months and then come back and try again.

That really wasn't a flame. I seriously do have family relations in Somalia.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:

Consider trolling about withdrawal letters. A bunch of invalids are falling for that on another thread.

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 am

Desert Fox wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

Consider trolling about withdrawal letters. A bunch of invalids are falling for that on another thread.

LOL. Well played fox.

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 am

It seems people on this forum are more interested in making baseless accusations of trolling rather than answering questions. :roll:

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 am

liberty wrote:Let's say I take a communications major and get like a 3.9.... Will it be difficult to do well in law school/ get a high LSAT score becasue that major didn't prepare me?

I was a communications major and I got a 3.0 and apparently I'm prepared well enough.

Thank god that I applied last cycle while UVA was still taking people RD!

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 am

vanwinkle wrote:
liberty wrote:Let's say I take a communications major and get like a 3.9.... Will it be difficult to do well in law school/ get a high LSAT score becasue that major didn't prepare me?

I was a communications major and I got a 3.0 and apparently I'm prepared well enough.

3.0??

WTF?

Why are ppl on this forum saying that a communications major is ridiculously easy? is it not?

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:17 am

vanwinkle wrote:

I think Dwaters 2.8 in education beats yours, but only barely.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:20 am

liberty wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

3.0??

WTF?

Why are ppl on this forum saying that a communications major is ridiculously easy? is it not?

I can't speak for Van, but undergrad is mostly about effort unless you are in a really hard major. And then its about having the minimum intelligence and still is mostly effort.

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 am

liberty wrote:It seems people on this forum are more interested in making baseless accusations of trolling rather than answering questions. :roll:

Go to Somalia, that will make for one hell of a PS.

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:31 am

fox you seem rather informed....what law school do you go to?

And is is true some professors insist on giving the majority of their class b's/c's? If so, how can I avoid these types of professors? Also is is true that biglaw pay is dropping and will continue to drop for some time? In the future what do you think the average T-14 law student will be making?

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 am

TTTennis wrote:
liberty wrote:It seems people on this forum are more interested in making baseless accusations of trolling rather than answering questions. :roll:

After looking at most of the schools in somalia i realized none of them had any history/poli sci majors.... Also I don't think you can take the LSAT in Somalia....

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am

liberty wrote:
TTTennis wrote:

After looking at most of the schools in somalia i realized none of them had any history/poli sci majors.... Also I don't think you can take the LSAT in Somalia....

So you throw the Somalia idea out there before you do any research whatsoever, and then you get upset when people call this a flame? Interesting.

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 am

TTTennis wrote:
liberty wrote:
TTTennis wrote:

So you throw the Somalia idea out there before you do any research whatsoever, and then you get upset when people call this a flame? Interesting.

Well I thought it would be safe to assume that at least one institution in an entire country would have a history/poli sci major.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 am

liberty wrote:Also I don't think you can take the LSAT in Somalia....

What? So now you don't think Somalia is good enough to sponsor an LSAT exam? You've got a lot of fucking nerve liberty!

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:

What? So now you don't think Somalia is good enough to sponsor an LSAT exam? You've got a lot of fucking nerve liberty!

You, sir, are a hypocrite. You were the one a few minutes ago undermining the people of the Somali Republic by making piracy jokes. I found that highly offensive.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 am

liberty wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

You, sir, are a hypocrite. You were the one a few minutes ago undermining the people of the Somali Republic by making piracy jokes. I found that highly offensive.

You take that back you son-of-a-bitch! I respect every last one of them pirates!

I say GOOD DAY to you sir!

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
liberty wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

You take that back you son-of-a-bitch! I respect every last one of them pirates!

I say GOOD DAY to you sir!

I really think your an Ethiopian.... ugh I can't escape you people anywhere.

Anyway when is the smart one coming back? He actually provided me with the answers I need...

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:00 am

[quote="liberty"]

So much hostility :(

liberty

Postby liberty » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:06 am

TTTennis wrote:
liberty wrote:

Yea whatever injera boy.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:09 am

liberty wrote:Anyway when is the smart one coming back? He actually provided me with the answers I need...

Is that what you think? Barking up the wrong tree with DF, if that's the "one" to which you refer :lol: JK

TTTennis

Postby TTTennis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 am

liberty wrote:
TTTennis wrote:
liberty wrote:

Yea whatever injera boy.

Don't insult my people. :x

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”