Is this a bad sign?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ENGINEERD

Is this a bad sign?

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Is it a bad sign when an applicant with similar numbers as yourself is accepted but you have not heard back, considering you both went complete on the same day?

Example: WUSTL

ENGINEERD

Re: Is this a bad sign?

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm

anyone? Am I just being paranoid?

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 pm

I would think so. That happened to me also. It sucks.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:32 pm

i like to think they're just taking extra time to consider me for merit money.....or so i tell myself.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:38 pm

This is the downside of places like TLS, they'll drive you crazy. I don't think you know ANYTHING based on other people getting in. You could just be in a different pile, they may have a system of organizing based on soft factors, maybe your adcom is just slow. I think if other people with your numbers are getting in, it is a sign that you have their target numbers or better. People in stressful unknowable situations tend to assume the worst. When others with your scores get in, you assume there is something better about them. When others get rejected or WL'ed and you hear nothing, you don't assume you are better, or under more consideration. You just assume your rejection is coming too.

The only bad sign is a letter that says "thanks but no thanks."

ENGINEERD

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Haha, I also like to think they are considering me for scholarship money but with my numbers I doubt it. Does any one know if the admissions cycle takes longer when you are considered for scholarship $$, just curious...

I guess its true that you never really know how their admissions process works so its hard to tell. With every day that goes by I think I just get more anxious and run every possibility through my mind haha. Thanks for the replies though!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:35 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:Is it a bad sign when an applicant with similar numbers as yourself is accepted but you have not heard back, considering you both went complete on the same day?

Example: WUSTL

Chill out; I wouldn't think too much of it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”