wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bakemono
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby bakemono » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:19 pm

I kinda lost track of law school app. deadlines and relied too much on the deadlines posted in the LSAC school list, which lists G-town's deadline as march 1, when that's the deadline for the part-time app. Wow... just wow

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:22 pm

You're fine.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/ApplicationProcess.htm

About a quarter of the way down. It's both full-time and part-time.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 pm

If you waiting until the last minute, I can't imagine it was your first choice anyway. Sorry to the hear that though, everyone makes stupid mistakes every now and then.

Maybe apply PT and then transfer to FT for 2L if Gtown is high on your list.

eudaimondaimon
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby eudaimondaimon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:23 pm

bakemono wrote:I kinda lost track of law school app. deadlines and relied too much on the deadlines posted in the LSAC school list, which lists G-town's deadline as march 1, when that's the deadline for the part-time app. Wow... just wow


Look on the bright side. Now you have another chance to take the LSAT and improve your score if you want!

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby Zapatero » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm pretty sure they're both available.

bakemono
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby bakemono » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Spaceman Spiff wrote:You're fine.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/ApplicationProcess.htm

About a quarter of the way down. It's both full-time and part-time.


awesome news. Thanks... i checked USC's homepage... the deadline there just seems to be 02/15, but LSAC puts it up as march again. Any clarification on that matter?

bakemono
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby bakemono » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 pm

And btw, it's not so much that g-town's not a priority; it's one of my highest priorities. It's just that I was about to give up on law school if i didn't do well on my feb. lsat's... i could've done better, but i think i did pretty well, enough to get into at least one or two of the top 20, and most of the 20-30.

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm

bakemono wrote:And btw, it's not so much that g-town's not a priority; it's one of my highest priorities. It's just that I was about to give up on law school if i didn't do well on my feb. lsat's... i could've done better, but i think i did pretty well, enough to get into at least one or two of the top 20, and most of the 20-30.


The only problem there is that you won't go complete until after 03/01. So, they're no longer obligated to get you a decision before 04/15, about when seat deposits are going to be due. In fact, I can't imagine you'll go complete anywhere before 03/01. Have you thought about GWU? Their deadline is 03/31.

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby ec2xs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
bakemono wrote:And btw, it's not so much that g-town's not a priority; it's one of my highest priorities. It's just that I was about to give up on law school if i didn't do well on my feb. lsat's... i could've done better, but i think i did pretty well, enough to get into at least one or two of the top 20, and most of the 20-30.


The only problem there is that you won't go complete until after 03/01. So, they're no longer obligated to get you a decision before 04/15, about when seat deposits are going to be due. In fact, I can't imagine you'll go complete anywhere before 03/01. Have you thought about GWU? Their deadline is 03/31.


Spiff, your profile confused the hell out of me. I used the same handle and the same avatar on other message boards. I had to check your posts to see if I had created your profile in a drunken haze or something.

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm

ec2xs wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
bakemono wrote:And btw, it's not so much that g-town's not a priority; it's one of my highest priorities. It's just that I was about to give up on law school if i didn't do well on my feb. lsat's... i could've done better, but i think i did pretty well, enough to get into at least one or two of the top 20, and most of the 20-30.


The only problem there is that you won't go complete until after 03/01. So, they're no longer obligated to get you a decision before 04/15, about when seat deposits are going to be due. In fact, I can't imagine you'll go complete anywhere before 03/01. Have you thought about GWU? Their deadline is 03/31.


Spiff, your profile confused the hell out of me. I used the same handle and the same avatar on other message boards. I had to check your posts to see if I had created your profile in a drunken haze or something.


That's funny because I frequently try to use the moniker when signing up for various forums, and it's always been taken.

Bizarre about the avatar though, considering it's not Spiff; it's his mild-mannered (relatively speaking), rocketship underpants-clad alter ego.

smalltown
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby smalltown » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:05 pm

bakemono wrote:
awesome news. Thanks... i checked USC's homepage... the deadline there just seems to be 02/15, but LSAC puts it up as march again. Any clarification on that matter?


I imagine the fine folks who answer the phone at USC's admissions office could provide that clarification.

User avatar
Spaceman Spiff
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: wow... can't believe how badly i screwed up

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

bakemono wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:You're fine.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/ApplicationProcess.htm

About a quarter of the way down. It's both full-time and part-time.


awesome news. Thanks... i checked USC's homepage... the deadline there just seems to be 02/15, but LSAC puts it up as march again. Any clarification on that matter?


Not that it really matters all that much now, but USC's deadline was actually 02/01.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests