Is there a list of law schools without rolling admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DeSilentio2728

Is there a list of law schools without rolling admissions?

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Just wondering if there is a list of law schools without rolling admissions? If not, is there a list of schools with rolling admissions?

Unitas

Re: Is there a list of law schools without rolling admissions?

Postby Unitas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Pretty sure they are all rolling admissions. I don't know of one that isn't I should say.

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm pretty sure that William and Mary claim not to have rolling admission, but I think it's basically so they can take their sweet time on borderline candidates. I was auto-admit, though, and heard within 3 weeks.

Okay, just looked, and their status checker says this:

In the William & Mary Law School admission process, initial review occurs as files become complete. The majority of decisions will be finalized during the month of March following the application deadline date when the competition in the applicant pool is known and assessed. We anticipate decisions for all applicants will be sent no later than March 24. Applicants will receive earlier notification if a decision has been finalized.

starstruck393

Postby starstruck393 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:13 pm

manbearwig wrote:I'm pretty sure that William and Mary claim not to have rolling admission, but I think it's basically so they can take their sweet time on borderline candidates. I was auto-admit, though, and heard within 3 weeks.

In the William & Mary Law School admission process, initial review occurs as files become complete. The majority of decisions will be finalized during the month of March following the application deadline date when the competition in the applicant pool is known and assessed. We anticipate decisions for all applicants will be sent no later than March 24. Applicants will receive earlier notification if a decision has been finalized.

That is still rolling admissions.

manbearwig

Postby manbearwig » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm

starstruck393 wrote:
manbearwig wrote:I'm pretty sure that William and Mary claim not to have rolling admission, but I think it's basically so they can take their sweet time on borderline candidates. I was auto-admit, though, and heard within 3 weeks.

That is still rolling admissions.

Yeah. More I mentioned that because a lot of schools claim to have a 10-12 week turnaround.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”