what does hold mean..?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yung
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

what does hold mean..?

Postby yung » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:59 am

Hey I have a friend who said he was put "on hold" by a law school ,what exactly does that mean?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: what does hold mean..?

Postby superflush » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 am

It is similar to being waitlisted, except it is technically different.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: what does hold mean..?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:03 am

yung wrote:Hey I have a friend who said he was put "on hold" by a law school ,what exactly does that mean?


They didn't decide to accept, deny or wl, and will review their file later.

Norwood
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: what does hold mean..?

Postby Norwood » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 am

Desert Fox wrote:
yung wrote:Hey I have a friend who said he was put "on hold" by a law school ,what exactly does that mean?


They didn't decide to accept, deny or wl, and will review their file later.


Is there one that is preferred over the other? Do people have a better chance of getting in through a "held" application versus getting off of a waitlist?

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: what does hold mean..?

Postby im_blue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 am

Norwood wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
yung wrote:Hey I have a friend who said he was put "on hold" by a law school ,what exactly does that mean?


They didn't decide to accept, deny or wl, and will review their file later.


Is there one that is preferred over the other? Do people have a better chance of getting in through a "held" application versus getting off of a waitlist?


"Held" means you'll get a second look later, so it's better than being placed on the WL, which might not take anyone that year.

yung
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: what does hold mean..?

Postby yung » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Thank you all for the replies!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], blumodernist and 4 guests