Harvard Phone Interviews?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NYC2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby NYC2013 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot on here, but how long after going under review should I hear back about a phone interview for Harvard if I'm going to get in? Do all admitted students have to do phone interviews or only some candidates? I've been under review for about 5 weeks and haven't gotten a request for a phone interview so I'm assuming that's a bad sign at this point...

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby Sogui » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:05 pm

This is a really odd cycle for Harvard this year (from what I've gathered).

But there is one absolute, you will not be accepted without a phone interview. You will get an email in advance of the phone interview.

However there are people with nearly perfect numbers out there who haven't heard back yet either, there hadn't been any interview emails for nearly 2 weeks straight until this Friday when it seems a handful of people got their interview email.

NYC2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby NYC2013 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Are people sure you won't get in without phone interviews? If you're numbers make you a lock do some people get in without them?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby englawyer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

you 100% need to interview before getting in

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:37 pm

Yes, absolutely. Not a single person is ever admitted to HLS without a phone interview.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby adameus » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:44 pm

BenJ wrote:Yes, absolutely. Not a single person is ever admitted to HLS without a phone interview.


Never ever ever?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm

adameus wrote:
BenJ wrote:Yes, absolutely. Not a single person is ever admitted to HLS without a phone interview.


Never ever ever?


Never ever, ever ever, ever ever ever.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:06 pm

BenJ wrote:
adameus wrote:
BenJ wrote:Yes, absolutely. Not a single person is ever admitted to HLS without a phone interview.


Never ever ever?


Never ever, ever ever, ever ever ever.


what about now?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:22 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:
BenJ wrote:
adameus wrote:
BenJ wrote:Yes, absolutely. Not a single person is ever admitted to HLS without a phone interview.


Never ever ever?


Never ever, ever ever, ever ever ever.


what about now?


Only if you say the magic word.

NYC2013
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby NYC2013 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Under Review for 2 Months without a JR1 request ---------> Held by email...oh well, now I just gotta decide if I should send a letter committing to HLS if admitted...

User avatar
chanchito
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby chanchito » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Does anyone know around what percent of the applicants get a JR1? Is it only if they're already pretty sure about you, or anyone who seems interesting?

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby kazu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:48 pm

chanchito wrote:Does anyone know around what percent of the applicants get a JR1? Is it only if they're already pretty sure about you, or anyone who seems interesting?


I think someone said around here that JR2 (admittance) happens for about 80% of the people who get JR1... if I'm wrong, please correct me.

MTC87
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby MTC87 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:22 pm

kazu wrote:
chanchito wrote:Does anyone know around what percent of the applicants get a JR1? Is it only if they're already pretty sure about you, or anyone who seems interesting?


I think someone said around here that JR2 (admittance) happens for about 80% of the people who get JR1... if I'm wrong, please correct me.


p sure this is not true

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Harvard Phone Interviews?

Postby Unitas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:47 pm

MTC87 wrote:
kazu wrote:
chanchito wrote:Does anyone know around what percent of the applicants get a JR1? Is it only if they're already pretty sure about you, or anyone who seems interesting?


I think someone said around here that JR2 (admittance) happens for about 80% of the people who get JR1... if I'm wrong, please correct me.


p sure this is not true


In recent years 1000 interviews and 800 accepts out of those interviews. No one knows with JR though. Those were with Toby Stock the previous admissions dean.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests