25-75 marks

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bballfreak56
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

25-75 marks

Postby bballfreak56 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 pm

I am looking into the law school stats and alot of them post their 25-75 percentiles in LSAT and GPA. That means that 25% of people dont hit those scores, does this mean even with lower scores you can still get in, or does it mean that if you are below the 25 in one you have to be above the 75 in the other? Any advice would be appreciated. Also with a 3.2 gpa what would I need to get into Maine on the LSAT, also is there even any shot at Cornell or Fordham even if I get a good score?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: 25-75 marks

Postby oneforship » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 pm

bballfreak56 wrote:I am looking into the law school stats and alot of them post their 25-75 percentiles in LSAT and GPA. That means that 25% of people dont hit those scores, does this mean even with lower scores you can still get in, or does it mean that if you are below the 25 in one you have to be above the 75 in the other? Any advice would be appreciated. Also with a 3.2 gpa what would I need to get into Maine on the LSAT, also is there even any shot at Cornell or Fordham even if I get a good score?



Don't worry so much about the 25/75 numbers. Pay attention to the median numbers. If your GPA is below median, then your LSAT will need to be above median to give yourself a legitimate shot, and vice versa.

I can't say what you'd need to get into Maine with a 3.2 GPA, but I have a sub 3.2, and I've gotten into 2 T14 schools so far, and money from a T25. So don't worry about your 3.2 GPA right now, worry about going out and doing everything in your power to score 170+ on the LSAT.

bballfreak56
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Re: 25-75 marks

Postby bballfreak56 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 am

oneforship wrote:
bballfreak56 wrote:I am looking into the law school stats and alot of them post their 25-75 percentiles in LSAT and GPA. That means that 25% of people dont hit those scores, does this mean even with lower scores you can still get in, or does it mean that if you are below the 25 in one you have to be above the 75 in the other? Any advice would be appreciated. Also with a 3.2 gpa what would I need to get into Maine on the LSAT, also is there even any shot at Cornell or Fordham even if I get a good score?



Don't worry so much about the 25/75 numbers. Pay attention to the median numbers. If your GPA is below median, then your LSAT will need to be above median to give yourself a legitimate shot, and vice versa.

I can't say what you'd need to get into Maine with a 3.2 GPA, but I have a sub 3.2, and I've gotten into 2 T14 schools so far, and money from a T25. So don't worry about your 3.2 GPA right now, worry about going out and doing everything in your power to score 170+ on the LSAT.


What did you get on the LSAT, also when you say T14 does that just mean top 14? sorry for all the questions

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: 25-75 marks

Postby BenJ » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:06 am

For Maine, with a 3.2, around a 158-159 should get you in, while a 160 or above would seal the deal. You could get into Cornell if you got a 170 on the LSAT (although I wouldn't say it's very likely until at least a 175), while around a 167 should give you a shot at Fordham.
Last edited by BenJ on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: 25-75 marks

Postby oneforship » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:07 am

bballfreak56 wrote:
oneforship wrote:
bballfreak56 wrote:I am looking into the law school stats and alot of them post their 25-75 percentiles in LSAT and GPA. That means that 25% of people dont hit those scores, does this mean even with lower scores you can still get in, or does it mean that if you are below the 25 in one you have to be above the 75 in the other? Any advice would be appreciated. Also with a 3.2 gpa what would I need to get into Maine on the LSAT, also is there even any shot at Cornell or Fordham even if I get a good score?



Don't worry so much about the 25/75 numbers. Pay attention to the median numbers. If your GPA is below median, then your LSAT will need to be above median to give yourself a legitimate shot, and vice versa.

I can't say what you'd need to get into Maine with a 3.2 GPA, but I have a sub 3.2, and I've gotten into 2 T14 schools so far, and money from a T25. So don't worry about your 3.2 GPA right now, worry about going out and doing everything in your power to score 170+ on the LSAT.


What did you get on the LSAT, also when you say T14 does that just mean top 14? sorry for all the questions


I had a score in the 99th percentile. T14 is the top 14 schools by USNWR. If you want to learn more, I would browse around some of the articles on this site as there is lots of good info.

The biggest thing, though, is don't feel that because your GPA is low, you can't get into a great school, because there are a lot of good schools that will be willing to accept that 3.2 GPA for the right LSAT score.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests