Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 am

Ragged wrote:tkgrrett is probably going to Yale man. if he is an idiot you are a vegetable.


lol - you're a tool. is he your bf now?

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Try alumni network.... on this basis, Yale is at a disadvantage because of their smaller class.


If this forum had signatures, I think this would be my signature quote.

:lol:
thread/

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:12 am

Ragged wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Ragged wrote:Rankings = job prospects. 'Nuff said.


LOL. If it helps you sleep at night....

Try alumni network.... on this basis, Yale is at a disadvantage because of their smaller class.


I'd rather know 10 Yale alums than 200 Valpo alums.


some people just have to rely on rankings, don't they...because otherwise, well, what would speak well of them?

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:13 am

Ragged wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Ragged wrote:Rankings = job prospects. 'Nuff said.


LOL. If it helps you sleep at night....

Try alumni network.... on this basis, Yale is at a disadvantage because of their smaller class.


I'd rather know 10 Yale alums than 200 Valpo alums.


Well it appears you'd just rather know one tkgrret to snuggle with.

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby T14_Scholly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

tkgrrett wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Take a look - it's almost all T-14 grad faculty: --LinkRemoved--

How can a 0L come trolling on these boards and call this collective group of scholars members of a third tier toilet? Isn't a school defined by their faculty? Or should we judge it because of some magazine's rankings? The law is the law across the board.... so I'd like to hear some of these arguments made to this Valpo Prof: (Harvard/Berkeley AND Yale Grad) http://www.valpo.edu/law/faculty/rstith/index.php

Many of you need to wake up... rankings aren't an absolute measure of anything.


Lol.. again man?? Rankings are an ESTIMATION of academic quality.. no one can visit every school in the country so rankings are a way for people to look at the schools and estimate quality. Of course there isnt a huge difference in faculty between the top 100 schools, but who cares. Top law firms dont choose students from top schools because the school magically made them smarter. They choose those students because they were among the best before they even went to law school. The law isnt some rapidly changing thing, many schools can teach it equally well.


Maybe you should hire an admissions counselor to help you understand his logic.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:15 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Take a look - it's almost all T-14 grad faculty: --LinkRemoved--

How can a 0L come trolling on these boards and call this collective group of scholars members of a third tier toilet? Isn't a school defined by their faculty? Or should we judge it because of some magazine's rankings? The law is the law across the board.... so I'd like to hear some of these arguments made to this Valpo Prof: (Harvard/Berkeley AND Yale Grad) http://www.valpo.edu/law/faculty/rstith/index.php

Many of you need to wake up... rankings aren't an absolute measure of anything.


Lol.. again man?? Rankings are an ESTIMATION of academic quality.. no one can visit every school in the country so rankings are a way for people to look at the schools and estimate quality. Of course there isnt a huge difference in faculty between the top 100 schools, but who cares. Top law firms dont choose students from top schools because the school magically made them smarter. They choose those students because they were among the best before they even went to law school. The law isnt some rapidly changing thing, many schools can teach it equally well.


Maybe you should read the entire thread and catch up. RC Fail. Now you're arguing a point you just made up. Why do you think I started this thread? I wanted to discuss (and others have expressed similar sentiments) some schools (see title) that are rarely talked about on TLS.... like Valpo and many others. Then, the ranking/elitist trolls came storming in with their indoctrinated views and reliance on these "estimates" you're still defending for some reason. I'm going to go ahead and call you and idiot now because that's what I really think is going on here until you read the entire thread and realize you're wrong.


Lol no RC Fail.. Im continuing this discussion to see just how much you can make yourself look like an idiot. I started talking about estimations because you responded to an expected value calculation by saying that estimations are stupid and no one should estimate anything. Idk what point I made up. Im not sure why you jump straight to calling me an idiot because you havent put a dent in anything I have said. You definitely seem like the type of person that just calls everyone an idiot when you run out of arguments to make.
I actually grew up in Brownsburg, IN and know Valpo quite intimately if you are so desperate to talk about it. The law schools is mostly connected to the Chicago market.. where it has to compete with depaul, chicago-kent and other similar law schools plus Illinois and the other higher ranked schools. It sends some to Indy but most of those jobs go to IUB and IUPUI grads. ITE I would recommend going to IUPUI of instead Valpo because that school is well connected in Indy and places well despite its rank.
Last edited by rundoxierun on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

rankings just don't guarantee you'll be a better lawyer...they just don't. Too many other variables come into play in the final analysis. Go factor that.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby Ragged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

Wow reasonable you have an amazing ability to look more immature and uninformed with every post. You should add that to your resume.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:18 am

tkgrrett wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Take a look - it's almost all T-14 grad faculty: --LinkRemoved--

How can a 0L come trolling on these boards and call this collective group of scholars members of a third tier toilet? Isn't a school defined by their faculty? Or should we judge it because of some magazine's rankings? The law is the law across the board.... so I'd like to hear some of these arguments made to this Valpo Prof: (Harvard/Berkeley AND Yale Grad) http://www.valpo.edu/law/faculty/rstith/index.php

Many of you need to wake up... rankings aren't an absolute measure of anything.


Lol.. again man?? Rankings are an ESTIMATION of academic quality.. no one can visit every school in the country so rankings are a way for people to look at the schools and estimate quality. Of course there isnt a huge difference in faculty between the top 100 schools, but who cares. Top law firms dont choose students from top schools because the school magically made them smarter. They choose those students because they were among the best before they even went to law school. The law isnt some rapidly changing thing, many schools can teach it equally well.


Maybe you should read the entire thread and catch up. RC Fail. Now you're arguing a point you just made up. Why do you think I started this thread? I wanted to discuss (and others have expressed similar sentiments) some schools (see title) that are rarely talked about on TLS.... like Valpo and many others. Then, the ranking/elitist trolls came storming in with their indoctrinated views and reliance on these "estimates" you're still defending for some reason. I'm going to go ahead and call you and idiot now because that's what I really think is going on here until you read the entire thread and realize you're wrong.


Lol no RC Fail.. Im continuing this discussion to see just how much you can make yourself look like an idiot. I started talking about estimations because you responded to an expected value calculation by saying that estimations are stupid and no one should estimate anything. Idk what point I made up. Im not sure why you jump straight to calling me an idiot because you havent put a dent in anything I have said. You definitely seem like the type of person that just calls everyone an idiot when you run out of arguments to make. I actually grew up in Brownsburg, IN and know Valpo quite intimately if you are so desperate to talk about it. The law schools is mostly connected to the Chicago market.. where it has to compete with depaul, chicago-kent and other similar law schools plus Illinois and the other higher ranked schools. It sends some to Indy but most of those jobs go to IUB and IUPUI grads. ITE I would recommend going to IUPUI of Valpo instead because that school is well connected in Indy and places well despite its rank.


Look who keeps answering and digging himself further into a hole... eventually you're going to agree with me and pretend you arrived to that on your own. Also, you really, really don't understand the original premise of this thread and how it was derailed when someone made the ridiculous Yale vs. Valpo quip. You continue to argue a point that doesn't relate to the original premise.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby Ragged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 am

summerstar wrote:rankings just don't guarantee you'll be a better lawyer...they just don't. Too many other variables come into play in the final analysis. Go factor that.


Agreed. Its just that I'd rather go to a school which will allow me to start a bit ahead.

The only way I'd be happy to go to a school outside of T14 is if I had a daddy/uncle/etc. with a great job waiting for me and all I needed was pass the bar.

Since I don't have that. Yes, I must rely on a silly magazine in order to increase my chances for success.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:24 am

Ok.. Well lets do rarely talked about law schools then.. I know University of Memphis, Valpo, IUPUI, and University of Arkansas-Little Rock pretty well... ask away.

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:26 am

? don't assume that's my position. Even with a friend/relative, you have to prove your worth. Just saying, a good eduaction can be found almost anywhere..and don't forget, Law was originally read, not formally taught, so law school is and always will be what YOU make it, wherever you go.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 am

Ragged wrote:
summerstar wrote:rankings just don't guarantee you'll be a better lawyer...they just don't. Too many other variables come into play in the final analysis. Go factor that.


Agreed. Its just that I'd rather go to a school which will allow me to start a bit ahead.

The only way I'd be happy to go to a school outside of T14 is if I had a daddy/uncle/etc. with a great job waiting for me and all I needed was pass the bar.

Since I don't have that. Yes, I must rely on a silly magazine in order to increase my chances for success.


Daddy? Silly? World-view implied by this message? Yeah, thanks for the maturity lesson. Noted.

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 am

tkgrrett wrote:Ok.. Well lets do rarely talked about law schools then.. I know University of Memphis, Valpo, IUPUI, and University of Arkansas-Little Rock pretty well... ask away.


Why this wild goose chase then? That was rediculous.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby Ragged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:29 am

summerstar wrote:? don't assume that's my position. Even with a friend/relative, you have to prove your worth. Just saying, a good eduaction can be found almost anywhere..and don't forget, Law was originally read, not formally taught, so law school is and always will be what YOU make it, wherever you go.


And I am not saying otherwise.

What's your point here? That there is no significant advantage to going to UofChicago vs going to Pepperdine?

[EDIT] reasonable is just an immature kid who is upset about not doing well on the LSAT. I really do feel for you. Would not want to be in your shoes.
Last edited by Ragged on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

Wait.. summerstar goes/went to Vassar?? /thread

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:31 am

summerstar wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ok.. Well lets do rarely talked about law schools then.. I know University of Memphis, Valpo, IUPUI, and University of Arkansas-Little Rock pretty well... ask away.


Why this wild goose chase then? That was rediculous.


I know, right?

Also, tkgrret - you were actually first to call me an idiot. I'll quote you b/c I'm good with proof like that:

"God.. this is the first and hopefully only time I will insult someone on TLS.. You are an absolute idiot."

You later claimed that I called you one first. So you'll have to apologize for this first.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 am

Ragged wrote:
summerstar wrote:? don't assume that's my position. Even with a friend/relative, you have to prove your worth. Just saying, a good eduaction can be found almost anywhere..and don't forget, Law was originally read, not formally taught, so law school is and always will be what YOU make it, wherever you go.


And I am not saying otherwise.

What's your point here? That there is no significant advantage to going to UofChicago vs going to Pepperdine?

[EDIT] reasonable is just an immature kid who is upset about not doing well on the LSAT. I really do feel for you. Would not want to be in your shoes.


Well, you're no stranger to wrong there, ragged. 164 with a less than a month of after-work prep? That's not too bad... if I retake (I'm undecided) I'm confident I can do high 170's. Also, I have a ton of high level W/E. So, you're wrong, again.

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby amputatedbrain » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 am

This whole thread is an epic fail. I'd rather read another 50 page thread arguing about next years USNWR T-14 rankings.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:
summerstar wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ok.. Well lets do rarely talked about law schools then.. I know University of Memphis, Valpo, IUPUI, and University of Arkansas-Little Rock pretty well... ask away.


Why this wild goose chase then? That was rediculous.


I know, right?

Also, tkgrret - you were actually first to call me an idiot. I'll quote you b/c I'm good with proof like that:

"God.. this is the first and hopefully only time I will insult someone on TLS.. You are an absolute idiot."

You later claimed that I called you one first. So you'll have to apologize for this first.


umm.. no.. I never claimed u call me an idiot first.. I'll admit I called u an idiot first. I said that you seem like the type of person that just calls ppl idiots when you run out of stuff to say.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am

amputatedbrain wrote:This whole thread is an epic fail. I'd rather read another 50 page thread arguing about next years USNWR T-14 rankings.


It would have worked out just fine and became a useful thread for many if it wasn't so heavily trolled by off-topic anti-anything-other-than-T-14 sucks banter...

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby Ragged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Ragged wrote:
summerstar wrote:? don't assume that's my position. Even with a friend/relative, you have to prove your worth. Just saying, a good eduaction can be found almost anywhere..and don't forget, Law was originally read, not formally taught, so law school is and always will be what YOU make it, wherever you go.


And I am not saying otherwise.

What's your point here? That there is no significant advantage to going to UofChicago vs going to Pepperdine?

[EDIT] reasonable is just an immature kid who is upset about not doing well on the LSAT. I really do feel for you. Would not want to be in your shoes.


Well, you're no stranger to wrong there, ragged. 164 with a less than a month of after-work prep? That's not too bad... if I retake (I'm undecided) I'm confident I can do high 170's. Also, I have a ton of high level W/E. So, you're wrong, again.


Then retake the damn test go to T14 and stop acting like a whiny kid. Jeez.

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:39 am

amputatedbrain wrote:This whole thread is an epic fail. I'd rather read another 50 page thread arguing about next years USNWR T-14 rankings.


so go

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:39 am

tkgrrett wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
summerstar wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Ok.. Well lets do rarely talked about law schools then.. I know University of Memphis, Valpo, IUPUI, and University of Arkansas-Little Rock pretty well... ask away.


Why this wild goose chase then? That was rediculous.


I know, right?

Also, tkgrret - you were actually first to call me an idiot. I'll quote you b/c I'm good with proof like that:

"God.. this is the first and hopefully only time I will insult someone on TLS.. You are an absolute idiot."

You later claimed that I called you one first. So you'll have to apologize for this first.


umm.. no.. I never claimed u call me an idiot first.. I'll admit I called u an idiot first. I said that you seem like the type of person that just calls ppl idiots when you run out of stuff to say.


Are you kidding? And I quote....

"Im not sure why you jump straight to calling me an idiot because you havent put a dent in anything I have said. You definitely seem like the type of person that just calls everyone an idiot when you run out of arguments to make."

"Jump straight" generally means that person did it first..... YOU, in fact, jumped straight into the idiot-name calling. Listen, this is stupid. /thread.

User avatar
summerstar
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Postby summerstar » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:43 am

Guys!

no more fighting!

or i'll send in Doritos!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], kadams, Mullens, Why???, Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests