Rarely talked about schools on TLS... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
danquayle

Silver

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Post by danquayle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm

nycparalegal wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:In the interest of fairness, I remember reading a paper by some Stanford professor, where he detailed the most accurate predictors of salaries to be:

#1: market (NY > LA/DC > Chicago/SF/Atl, etc.)
#2: law school GPA
#3: law school prestige

so it would seem that, in some circumstances for some students, choosing the lower ranked school would not be disadvantageous.

That said, I wouldn't go making it a rule of thumb or anything.
Why am I right so often? Here's the course of most of my threads:

1. Introduce some unconventional notion or idea
2. Be attacked by unimaginative contrarian trolls who follow herd and attack any unique idea or notion
3. Defend perspectives, reveal trolls to be very naive
4. Narrowly escape the banhammer
5. Green shoots of understanding begin to sprout and the TLS community allows unconventional views to be explored.
No offensive, but this thread took 13 pages to get to a very simple point, which has been expressed a million times on various threads : Depending on your circumstances, going to a TTT may make sense if you get a scholarship (full-ride).
Yes, as much as the earlier responses were overly vitriolic, there is never a need to respond in like kind...

I'll add that I think local TTT+Scholarship is great if you merely want to use the degree as kind of enrichment. This is obviously a limited market, but politicians, for one, are well served by attending a local school in the market they plan on running in. There are plentiful examples of this dynamic, Mayor Daley (DePaul) and former Mich. Governor Engler (Cooley) come to mind...

I could likewise see it making sense for someone to attend their local law school part-time if they already have a good job and don't want to give that up in order to get the law degree...

smartblonde87

Bronze

Post by smartblonde87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 pm

MC Southstar wrote:How does WUSTTTL make money if they give out scholarships to failures?

wow harsh

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 am

I cant believe that resanobledout actually got banned here. In majority of his posts here he was simply defending his, position, albeit misguided.

Moderator got into argument with him regarding his views and then banned him for "trolling". Well if thread belonged to lounge (according to YCr) - move it there buddy. After suggestion for ban came from his buddy (vanwinckle or something). Despicable.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:32 pm

JustDude wrote:I cant believe that resanobledout actually got banned here. In majority of his posts here he was simply defending his, position, albeit misguided.

Moderator got into argument with him regarding his views and then banned him for "trolling". Well if thread belonged to lounge (according to YCr) - move it there buddy. After suggestion for ban came from his buddy (vanwinckle or something). Despicable.
Come on man. A ban is a reasonable conclusion for this thread. :lol:

saltoftheearth

Bronze

Post by saltoftheearth » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
That just seems silly. There has got be a more creative way of insulting the fourth tier.
Or Law Centers.
I don't think anyone caught this, lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:43 pm

saltoftheearth wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
That just seems silly. There has got be a more creative way of insulting the fourth tier.
Or Law Centers.
I don't think anyone caught this, lol
Oh, we did. Beyond blatant anti-GULC trolling

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”