Rarely talked about schools on TLS... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
reasonabledoubt

Silver

Re: Rarely talked about schools on TLS...

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote: What a insufferable hypocrite you are.... "you're such an idiot it makes me embarrased that I could go to a school with someone like you." That's what YOU said. Then, I defend myself and ensure you that you won't have to worry about that, and you claim i've undermined what I've been arguing about? Lol.
You have been arguing against prestige whores for the entirety of this thread and saying that prestige has nothing to do with quality.

I am arguing that I am excited about law school at wherever I go, except would be embarrassed to attend school with you, a moron.

You then put down a possible school I might attend and bragged about your higher-ranked more prestigious school.

I said "congratulations" but pointed out the connotation behind your IU-B comment undermined your original point in starting this thread.

You then tried to play it off as not bragging about prestige but merely pointing out we wouldn't be at the same institution.

Nothing hypocritical about it, you just can't read, or write.
Lol - you're simply incapable of realizing my revealing I got into IU doesn't carry along (at least from my perspective) any of the "connotation" you claim. It's YOU, in fact, that aren't able to drop that connotation you implied because, again, you're referring to ranking. I never said IU was a better school than DePaul. The only thing I implied was that I wouldn't be going to school with you. Capiche? This has to be very laughable to someone who is smart enough to realize the irony of your response and how well it supports EVERYTHING I have tried to do ITT. Thanks for the win.

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:27 pm

I call flame.

No one is that stupid.

Plus he used a GWBush visit to defend his schools quality. On TLS???? heh...

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:28 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:Don't worry Kobe, you're going to DePaul, I got into IU.

Someone tell me that bragging about IU-B over DePaul was not the point of this.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:29 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:Show me where I claimed that Valpo was comparable to Yale or any other T-14.
Gladly. You did it on the first page:
You think about this: There are (even friends of people on these threads) Berkeley 3L's and grads without a job offer in sight while TTTT 3L's and grads in less saturated markets (I have several friend examples) are all set with secure jobs and offers.

I think it's worth talking about.... T-14 does not = instajob nor does it necessarily mean (a) better education (b) better long-term income potential (c) better lawyer (d) better anything, really.

In a recession, people, firms, etc, are looking for bargains.... "undervalued assets," so to speak. Lower tier grads might be considered undervalued assets. They also might consider the fact that a lower tier grad might be more likely to stick around for the long term as opposed to the prestige-obsessed top-tier grad who might skip out on the firm as soon as the economy recovers and he/she can sneak into biglaw.
I don't know how "T-14 does not = . . . better anything" is not an attempt to equate lower tier schools to the T14.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:ITT: Someone uses the T-14 education of a professor at Valpo to prove that Valpo is comparable to the T14. Good Lord, what excellent trolling. Never seen its like before. Good thing that professor didn't take your advice and turn down Yale for a T4, otherwise you couldn't make your argument that a T4 is just as good as Yale.

I know, it almost seems as if OP is a clever spinner of logical fallacy threads but really he's just an idiot.
I just don't think, and it's ok, that you're smart enough to pick up on some of the purposeful subversion ITT.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:30 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:ITT: Someone uses the T-14 education of a professor at Valpo to prove that Valpo is comparable to the T14. Good Lord, what excellent trolling. Never seen its like before. Good thing that professor didn't take your advice and turn down Yale for a T4, otherwise you couldn't make your argument that a T4 is just as good as Yale.
I know, it almost seems as if OP is a clever spinner of logical fallacy threads but really he's just an idiot.
I just don't think, and it's ok, that you're smart enough to pick up on some of the purposeful subversion ITT.....
How are you not banned yet?

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Me and everybody else.

You're not subversive. You're stupid.

You are transparently stupid.

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:31 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
Lol - you're simply incapable of realizing my revealing I got into IU doesn't carry along (at least from my perspective) any of the "connotation" you claim. It's YOU, in fact, that aren't able to drop that connotation you implied because, again, you're referring to ranking. I never said IU was a better school than DePaul. The only thing I implied was that I wouldn't be going to school with you. Capiche? This has to be very laughable to someone who is smart enough to realize the irony of your response and how well it supports EVERYTHING I have tried to do ITT. Thanks for the win.
I wonder if IU-B would rescind their acceptance offer to reasonabledoubt if they read this thread?

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Me and everybody else.

I'm still of the opinion he's a brilliant troll. Damn amusing one, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Reasonable sounds like a guy trying to prove that geocentrism makes for a viable model because it is technically possible. Very amusing.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 pm

JustDude wrote:I call flame.

No one is that stupid.

Plus he used a GWBush visit to defend his schools quality. On TLS???? heh...
Valpo is not my school. It was used as an example of what this thread was originally created for. Duh. G-Dub and his speaking at Valpo was an ironic nod to the sycophants who I assumed would like that sort of thing. I certainly don't, but I wasn't trying to express my personal take on it.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Well I think you're reactive, emotional, lack sense of humor, not creative and somewhat of a prude. Honestly, this is all pretty funny!

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:36 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:

Well I think you're reactive, emotional, lack sense of humor, not creative and somewhat of a prude. Honestly, this is all pretty funny!
And which one of those qualities does not apply to you???..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:36 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:
How are you not banned yet?

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

JustDude wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

LOL.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm

JustDude wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

Blatant projecting. (referring to OP)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:41 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

I think you're going to have a meeting with banhammer pretty soon unless you drastically shape up.

Not cool. I guess I see why TLS is gradually getting so boring

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:41 pm

JustDude wrote:Not cool. I guess I see why TLS is gradually getting so boring
Who are you, again?

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:42 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Who are you, again?
Come on, that's JustDude.

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:43 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Who are you, again?
Just a dude. Whats up

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Alright skanks... I have to go to a dinner gathering downtown. No more TLS nonsense for now. Have fun with this thread in my absense, but please do try to get it back on topic, if at all possible. To those who take all this a bit too seriously, maybe you should get out of the house for a while. Some of you sound like you desperately need to hit the town. I'd even buy you all a shot if I could, even Kobe.

reasonabledoubt

Silver

Post by reasonabledoubt » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

I think you're going to have a meeting with banhammer pretty soon unless you drastically shape up.
Ok, I gotcha. This got off topic when I started trying to defend the premise of this thread to several angry mobs but i'll tone it down. Apologies.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 pm

EITTSDIAF
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:49 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:Alright skanks... I have to go to a dinner gathering downtown. No more TLS nonsense for now. Have fun with this thread in my absense, but please do try to get it back on topic, if at all possible. To those who take all this a bit too seriously, maybe you should get out of the house for a while. Some of you sound like you desperately need to hit the town. I'd even buy you all a shot if I could, even Kobe.
reasonabledoubt wrote:Ok, I gotcha. This got off topic when I started trying to defend the premise of this thread to several angry mobs but i'll tone it down. Apologies.
Nice, dude. Real nice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”