Asking for a fee waiver after you've aleady submitted

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hunkydory

Asking for a fee waiver after you've aleady submitted

Postby hunkydory » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 am

I just submitted an application earlier this week, and I got a fee waiver from the school in the mail today. They said to email them and ask for a waiver code. Can I email them, tell them the situation and ask for the $50 back? Or would I appear cheap and/or annoy them? I know application fees are just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall cost of law school, but $50 is a lot of money to me right now. I'm still an undergrad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Na_Swatch

Re: Asking for a fee waiver after you've aleady submitted

Postby Na_Swatch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:31 am

hunkydory wrote:I just submitted an application earlier this week, and I got a fee waiver from the school in the mail today. They said to email them and ask for a waiver code. Can I email them, tell them the situation and ask for the $50 back? Or would I appear cheap and/or annoy them? I know application fees are just a drop in the bucket compared to the overall cost of law school, but $50 is a lot of money to me right now. I'm still an undergrad. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you can email schools and ask politely if you can get a refund if they offered you a waiver but you've already submitted. Some will grant you the refund, and others won't but its not offensive to ask them about it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”