How long usually from complete to a decision? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoldenBear125

New

How long usually from complete to a decision?

Post by GoldenBear125 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:03 am

Is there any sort of rough timetable or is it pretty much random. I applied in January and most of my apps have gone complete. Any chance I'll start hearing from schools before February is out (assuming they don't look at it initially, lol, and than outright reject the next day)?

Norwood

Bronze

Re: How long usually from complete to a decision?

Post by Norwood » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 am

GoldenBear125 wrote:Is there any sort of rough timetable or is it pretty much random. I applied in January and most of my apps have gone complete. Any chance I'll start hearing from schools before February is out (assuming they don't look at it initially, lol, and than outright reject the next day)?
the Rough timetable will be the infamous answer all admissions administrators will tell you when you ask... "4-8 weeks"

But really though, i think it just sorta depends on your stats and the school. Safties will usually get to you the quickest since they may pull your file once they see your high numbers, meanwhile target schools tend take to longer with your application. Sometimes you could get lucky and touch base with an administrator or the Dean who then pulls your file to be reviewed immediately.

My apps gone complete 1/11/10 and I have only 2 out of 15 decisions. hang in there, some people have been complete since november without answers.

njskatchmo

Bronze

Post by njskatchmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 am

My app's were complete in late november early december and I've heard back from 4 of 15

cendien

Bronze

Post by cendien » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 am

Yeah, I think it ultimately depends on the school and your numbers in comparison to other applicants at each school.

I applied 1/19 to 18 different schools and have so far heard back from 2 (and, according to a status checker, have another decision in the mail).

I was surprised by the turnaround on the first two, but I fully expect to be waiting till April on many of the decisions.

Good luck!

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:00 am

Applied in mid-Oct and have heard back from 6 of the 12 (and 3 of these were really non-decisions, aka WL/Hold)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GoldenBear125

New

Post by GoldenBear125 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 pm

aww man, so than I shouldn't expect to hear from the reaches, but not totally hopeless reaches, until they give out their last slots in April? Dang. Useful info though!

amorfati42

New

Post by amorfati42 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I went complete almost everywhere in mid-late January, and I've already heard from four schools. The four are schools I consider "safeties" though, where my numbers were above median.

NYC2013

New

Post by NYC2013 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 pm

It really depends on the school, if you go to lawschoolnumbers.com you can get a rough timetable looking at applicants who already got in this cycle and get a sense of how many decisions your schools have given out already

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”