Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
latinolaw

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby latinolaw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 pm

3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?

User avatar
reasonabledoubt

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:54 pm

latinolaw wrote:3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?


Let's take a look at your PS and resume for a more detailed analysis....

User avatar
kdw94780

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby kdw94780 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:55 pm

i got in with 158, 3.84 gpa, aa female urm, with a full ride...it must have been the personal statement/resume. what other schools have you gotten into?

User avatar
Joga Bonito

Bronze
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Its probably because you applied late, I heard Dean Pless say last year that most people on the waitlist were auto admits if they reapplied early the next year.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:57 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Joga Bonito wrote:Its probably because you applied late, I heard Dean Pless say last year that most people on the waitlist were auto admits if they reapplied early the next year.


Then he is doing it wrong.

latinolaw

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby latinolaw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Maybe Dean Pless read your LSN account?

"01/06/10
Email fee waivers from Washington University and U of I. I'll use them for financial aid leverage, hopefully."


Seriously?

User avatar
reasonabledoubt

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:59 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Maybe Dean Pless read your LSN account?

"01/06/10
Email fee waivers from Washington University and U of I. I'll use them for financial aid leverage, hopefully."


OH shite... he has been known to troll around on these boards. That's why I don't have an LSN account....

Mosca

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Mosca » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 pm

It's because you're not URM. Only Mex and PR count as URM.

User avatar
Vincent Vega

Silver
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

latinolaw wrote:3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?


Having origin in Ecuador, Argentina, and Costa Rica does not qualify you for URM status. I hope you knew this going into the cycle. :shock:

User avatar
Sauer Grapes

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zapatero

Silver
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Zapatero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
latinolaw wrote:3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?


Having origin in Ecuador, Argentina, and Costa Rica does not qualify you for URM status. I hope you knew this going into the cycle. :shock:


ruh roh

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:05 pm

I predict this will be a legendary thread.

User avatar
D Brooks

Silver
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby D Brooks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I predict this will be a legendary thread.

User avatar
D Brooks

Silver
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby D Brooks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Also,

ccs1702 wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
latinolaw wrote:3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?


Having origin in Ecuador, Argentina, and Costa Rica does not qualify you for URM status. I hope you knew this going into the cycle. :shock:


ruh roh


--ImageRemoved--

bananasinpajamas

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby bananasinpajamas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Thank you for the chuckle. Never assume anything in these cycles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aak1WFK5EqY

User avatar
S de Garmeaux

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:11 pm

bananasinpajamas wrote:Thank you for the chuckle. Never assume anything in these cycles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aak1WFK5EqY


in related videos, click Touching Another Dude Softly (TADS), pretty funny

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 pm

See you at ChiKent.

User avatar
kittenmittons

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Vincent Vega

Silver
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
bananasinpajamas wrote:Thank you for the chuckle. Never assume anything in these cycles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aak1WFK5EqY


in related videos, click Touching Another Dude Softly (TADS), pretty funny


That one was much better than the thank ewe one.

mutfro

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby mutfro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

latinolaw wrote:3.54/163/URM

This makes no sense to me! Was it because I applied to late (complete in Jan.)? Any ideas?


maybe its because you don't know the difference between to and too :)

User avatar
UFMatt

Bronze
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby UFMatt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Law school probability calculator puts you at 12% for UIUC.

bananasinpajamas

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby bananasinpajamas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't worry, Pless waitlisted this girl as well even as a URM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNWCniwgfo

User avatar
S de Garmeaux

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

UFMatt wrote:Law school probability calculator puts you at 12% for UIUC.


i doubt that its that low for a URM

09042014

Diamond
Posts: 18204
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Why was I waitisted at UIUC?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:16 pm

S de Garmeaux wrote:
UFMatt wrote:Law school probability calculator puts you at 12% for UIUC.


i doubt that its that low for a URM


OP isn't a URM.



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests