Status Check - switch to seat deposit

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Me-a Culpa

Status Check - switch to seat deposit

Postby Me-a Culpa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:46 pm

When a status checker in the "fees" section" changes to "nonrefundable seat deposit" but the "status section" remains as file in review, can I expect an admission notification or at least get a bit excited? I'm thinking this is a good sign, but I don't want to get overly excited.

Checking the status of applications every 30 minutes is getting old!

cr073137

Re: Status Check - switch to seat deposit

Postby cr073137 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Depends on the school, some always have it and you perhaps just didnt notice, others is a sign that you are in.

keemos

Postby keemos » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:When a status checker in the "fees" section" changes to "nonrefundable seat deposit" but the "status section" remains as file in review, can I expect an admission notification or at least get a bit excited? I'm thinking this is a good sign, but I don't want to get overly excited.

Checking the status of applications every 30 minutes is getting old!

It depends on the school but this is probably a good sign. Also, try checking status checkers at most twice a day. I usually do it around noon and 6:30. Otherwise I would be going more crazy than I already am.

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 pm

does it list a dollar amt for how much is due for the seat deposit?

Me-a Culpa

Postby Me-a Culpa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:02 pm

try checking status checkers at most twice a day. I usually do it around noon and 6:30. Otherwise I would be going more crazy than I already am.

Total waste of time, but I check at least every hour and LSN just a frequently. It's probably by habit at this point. I know it's ridiculous --I was checking it on Sunday!

No, it's zeros, but I'm positive it has changed. If it did list amounts, I'd be confident.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:03 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:
try checking status checkers at most twice a day. I usually do it around noon and 6:30. Otherwise I would be going more crazy than I already am.

Total waste of time, but I check at least every hour and LSN just a frequently. It's probably by habit at this point. I know it's ridiculous --I was checking it on Sunday!

No, it's zeros, but I'm positive it has changed. If it did list amounts, I'd be confident.

What school are we talking about here?

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Me-a Culpa wrote:

i had that (zeros) for UVA and was rejected... seat deposit w/ zeros showed up on my upenn today and im CRAZY!!! in love with upenn (though i know it's a reach) and im dying thinking that it means the rejection is coming... i hope it means acceptance though, obviously, for us both!

EDIT: i got accepted to william& mary a while ago and out of curiosity went on my status checker and there are zeros in the seat deposit sections so there's hope!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”