Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby A Swift » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Applied before xmas to all schools (T3-T20) and haven't gotten a decision from a single one. 3.92/170.

Thoughts?

User avatar
Puffy
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby Puffy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:09 pm

A Swift wrote:Applied before xmas to all schools (T3-T20) and haven't gotten a decision from a single one. 3.92/170.

Thoughts?


I applied around 10 Nov to T4 -> USC/UCLA and only heard back from Columbia, Cornell, UVA, NU, and GULC. Bonus 100 points for guessing which two of these schools accepted me.

nycparalegal
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:26 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby nycparalegal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Puffy wrote:
A Swift wrote:Applied before xmas to all schools (T3-T20) and haven't gotten a decision from a single one. 3.92/170.

Thoughts?


I applied around 10 Nov to T4 -> USC/UCLA and only heard back from Columbia, Cornell, UVA, NU, and GULC. Bonus 100 points for guessing which two of these schools accepted me.


Cornell and GULC?

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby A Swift » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:19 pm

So you're saying I shouldn't be waking up every morning with this massive panic attack?

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby adameus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:20 pm

A Swift wrote:So you're saying I shouldn't be waking up every morning with this massive panic attack?


Well if you sent in your avatar pic as part of application package I would wake up every morning with a massive panic attack.

User avatar
Puffy
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:04 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby Puffy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:33 pm

nycparalegal wrote:
Puffy wrote:
A Swift wrote:Applied before xmas to all schools (T3-T20) and haven't gotten a decision from a single one. 3.92/170.

Thoughts?


I applied around 10 Nov to T4 -> USC/UCLA and only heard back from Columbia, Cornell, UVA, NU, and GULC. Bonus 100 points for guessing which two of these schools accepted me.


Cornell and GULC?


No, Columbia and GULC. Doesn't make sense to me either.

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby A Swift » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 pm

adameus wrote:
A Swift wrote:So you're saying I shouldn't be waking up every morning with this massive panic attack?


Well if you sent in your avatar pic as part of application package I would wake up every morning with a massive panic attack.



I sent my headshot, but it's a much better picture.

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby A Swift » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Puffy wrote:
A Swift wrote:Applied before xmas to all schools (T3-T20) and haven't gotten a decision from a single one. 3.92/170.

Thoughts?


I applied around 10 Nov to T4 -> USC/UCLA and only heard back from Columbia, Cornell, UVA, NU, and GULC. Bonus 100 points for guessing which two of these schools accepted me.


Honest thoughts, given my number, why you think I haven't heard anything yet?

User avatar
Sogui
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby Sogui » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I applied on 12/23 and have heard back from 4/5 of my school.

But it probably helps that my numbers were in the top quartiles at 4/5 of those schools as well.

njskatchmo
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby njskatchmo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

My roommate and I applied in early december to pretty much the top 15 and we only heard back from gtown,nu, and duke. He heard from michigan late last week. I think everyone is experiencing this.
Last edited by njskatchmo on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackster2
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby jackster2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Same here. 170/3.8 and nothing except reject from Yale as expected. Just a lot of applicants and adcomms playing the rankings game.

User avatar
A Swift
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby A Swift » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:29 pm

jackster2 wrote:Same here. 170/3.8 and nothing except reject from Yale as expected. Just a lot of applicants and adcomms playing the rankings game.



Anyone else? Any theories?

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby Neelio » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm

A Swift wrote:
jackster2 wrote:Same here. 170/3.8 and nothing except reject from Yale as expected. Just a lot of applicants and adcomms playing the rankings game.



Anyone else? Any theories?


Give it time... I've been waiting since mid-October. Haven't heard ANYTHING but one WL from Georgetown. Given, my LSAT score isn't as high. You'll be fine.

User avatar
exdubliner
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby exdubliner » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:03 pm

*
Last edited by exdubliner on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby existenz » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 am

I applied to all the T20 between 12/15 and 12/31. I've only received a decision from USC, Vandy and Minnesota (all admits).

Gone complete almost everywhere else, but not expecting any more decisions till late Feb, early March. Since Berkeley is perhaps my top realistic choice, I'm regretting that I didn't apply in Oct. More than anyone they seem to be all about early apps.

Number in the 171/3.7 range.

acdisagod
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: Applied before xmas and haven't heard anything.

Postby acdisagod » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 am

I applied late november/early december to 11 schools------> 0 decisions. 3.6 171 r my numbers.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jbagelboy, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests