LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
secretasianman

LOCI

Postby secretasianman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

Hey everyone, so, I've been put in the HOLD category at a certain school and am in the process of writing my LOCI. In my last paragraph, it has been recommended to me that I put something to the effect of "I fully intend to accept an offer" if the school gives me, one in it. Would this bind me? What if I got accepted to a higher ranked school? Would I be able to withdraw?

$1.99

Re: LOCI

Postby $1.99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am

you are only suppose to say that if you 100% that you would no matter what other schools you get accepted to

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 am

secretasianman wrote:Hey everyone, so, I've been put in the HOLD category at a certain school and am in the process of writing my LOCI. In my last paragraph, it has been recommended to me that I put something to the effect of "I fully intend to accept an offer" if the school gives me, one in it. Would this bind me? What if I got accepted to a higher ranked school? Would I be able to withdraw?

I would not make that claim if you do not intend upon acting on it. It would be unethical to make that claim, and then back out if accepted to a higher ranked school. Though nothing may "technically" stop you from doing so, other school's may hear about it, or at the very least you will make the offering school pretty mad. Only make this claim if you would indeed withdraw all outstanding applications and accept the offering school's spot, otherwise you can still make a strong claim by saying that so and so school is one of you top choices.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:53 am

okay, i thought so. thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”